Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Host Lena McElwain? She's On Again Presenting Basso....

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

When she left the Q, her family moved out to the San Fran area, guess thay are back on the east coast now. Lena is a delight. I used to work with her hubby's uncle, and he had told me her hubby took a job in San Fran, that is why she left the Q.

@Shelbelle  I suppose she could still live in SF if she's only representing Basso on Q, not hosting again.  Perhaps we'll learn more as time goes on.

She was back in the Philadelphia area  (I think) a few years ago.  It seems to me a cousin of mine has a son who played on the same high school football team as her son.  I think her son was a very good athlete.

Occasional Contributor

I remember she had a calming and soothing voice and didn't scream like some of the hosts do today.
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

When she left the Q, her family moved out to the San Fran area, guess thay are back on the east coast now. Lena is a delight. I used to work with her hubby's uncle, and he had told me her hubby took a job in San Fran, that is why she left the Q.

@Shelbelle  I suppose she could still live in SF if she's only representing Basso on Q, not hosting again.  Perhaps we'll learn more as time goes on.

She was back in the Philadelphia area  (I think) a few years ago.  It seems to me a cousin of mine has a son who played on the same high school football team as her son.  I think her son was a very good athlete.

her son is a double threat.......baseball AND football. he signed early and he will be attending the university of south carolina. 4.0 high school student. he was initially thinking about the mlb draft, but chose a different route. he is getting a lot of great press.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-recruiting/article50449280.h...

Last summer, McIlwain emerged as a possible first-round pick in next June's Major League Draft by impressing at multiple showcase events. He was ranked 16th among top high school prospects by Baseball America earlier this month.

But after an in-home visit from new South Carolina football boss Will Muschamp on Dec. 9, McIlwain decided to stick with his plan to play two sports in Columbia and pursue a law degree.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/20151226_Southeastern_Pa__Player_of_the_Year__C_R__N...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I loved hearing about her son.  You people always seem to know what is going on.  I was thrilled to see Lena on a Dennis Basso late night show.  She had on a drop dead gorgeous faux fur vest.  Both colors were fab but she wore all black and the vest was grey and white.  I could not order it fast enough.  I have worn that vest three times in the last couple of weeks and everyone who hugs me comments on how wonderful the vest is.  She sold me that vest.  She gets a total thumbs up from me.  (She was always one of my faves.)