Super Contributor

Re: Remember Host Lena McElwain? She's On Again Presenting Basso....

I enjoyed all of the Hosts in the early 2000s, especially Lena...They all had Classy, and polished presentations. With the advent of Social Media, all they talk about is their FB page and Blogs.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've seen her quite frequently in the past six months or so.

Well, you could have posted about seeing her but you didn't.  

Beat 'ya to it I guess.   

Wow, is there some contest to see who posts first about seeing old hosts?  At the time I didn't consider that important or newsworthy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I haven't seen her in ages, probably since I watched a lot more QVC and when she was still a show host, but I remember liking her very much as a host.

She was from QVC's classy host/presentation/set era, IMO.  Smiley Happy  

@chickenbutt I share your opinion. The truth is during that timeframe, they wouldn't have had some of these hosts we have to endure now. Well actually I choose not to endure them which is why I watch QVC less and less.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tique  I couldn't agree more!

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Host Lena McElwain? She's On Again Presenting Basso....@

On FB and Instagram, Dennis introduced Lena as his on-air representative this past summer, in early August. She has done several shows already, taking over some of the early hour shows, and other shows where Dennis cannot make it.  All of the hosts now seem to have another on-air vendor rep to fill in.  David Dangle (for Joan Rivers line) just introduced his new vendor rep on FB and IG this week.  

Honored Contributor

I liked her in her original time at QVC. I will watch the next time she's on with Dennis!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I liked her in her original time at QVC. I will watch the next time she's on with Dennis!

@violann  I think her duties are being on instead of Dennis, when he can't make it.

Occasional Contributor

was surprised to see her....was thinking about her.  SHe left like 10 years ago.

Honored Contributor

I thought she was an actual host back then, not a vendor.  I also remember her being criticized a lot on this BB as being "too boring."  I liked her and was sad when she left.

She was as beautiful as the models (and still is) in fact, even more so.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I thought she was an actual host back then, not a vendor.  I also remember her being criticized a lot on this BB as being "too boring."  I liked her and was sad when she left.

She was as beautiful as the models (and still is) in fact, even more so.

Lena was a host way back then, not a vendor.  She became a DB representative back in the late summer.  I remember her being introduced and many of the hosts posted about her return on their FB pages.

To me she was just "there" as a host.  Nothing really stood out about her one way or the other. 

I remember when Lena was pregnant and people were getting her and Leah confused and calling in and congratulating Leah on being pregnant.