Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remains Just Confirmed to be those of Brian Laundrie!

The family lawyer (Laundrie) was on Good Morning America this morning. Interesting interview. He says the family claims Brian was upset and grieving when he left on September 13, and George Stephanopolis points out, but Gabby wasn't found until September 19. The lawyer dodged it, and said they knew something tragic had happened. 

This family probably initially thought Brian was  skilled in outdoor survival, and  he would be able to navigate and survive the swamp. I'm sure at some point they realized something was wrong, and that is why they suddenly informed the police of the place he frequented. 

This theory makes more sense to me. I can't believe the parents knew he was going to kill himself, or that they knew he was dead. Tragic all the way around.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 

LE may have been 'playing nice' until Brian was found.

Now that he has been found, the attitude of LE may be much different.

They deserve to be in the hot seat now for numerous criminal charges.

What would the charges be?

@mom2four0418 

Obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting for starters.

ETA: Add 'accessory to murder after the fact' too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

So many questions....  If they are saying this area was previously under water, and there was a notebook, if he had written in it, wouldn't this all be destroyed?  It just seems weird that --- if I am correct here -- that the parents said --- this is where he was hiking or walking or whatever, and then just magically, his remains just appear.???  I wish that he had been found alive so he would have had to go to trial and face the music.  What a tragedy --- 2 young lives lost.  And the families of both going through a horrible ordeal of having lost their children.  

@AngelPuppy1 

An article I read this morning said that the notebook had been submerged in water, but due to new technologies in forensic science they feel optimistic that some of it can be salvaged.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

Agree, it is just a sad story, but there is definetly something suspicious about the whole parents/lawyer/camping trip story. If the guy came back and was 'grieving' why? Good riddance to him.

Respected Contributor

Hope he died a slow, painfull death after what he did.  Mental illness has become the current excuse for being a horrible, evil person.  I hope the parents of this girl can find some small shred of peace knowing he can't murder another girl.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't care. Pedicted this weeks ago. It's what cowards do.

Respected Contributor

This situation stinks to high heaven of "cover-up".   I actually doubt those remains are really Brian Laundrie.  Think about it!  If the parents are trying to buy time for Brian to get out of the country and to someplace without an extradition treaty, how effective is it for skeletal remains to be found?   "Dental Records" are ANYTHING but precise!  If they had a good life insurance policy on their son, they knew they'd get a payout, so they promise the dentist a share of the life insurance to falsify records.  All they have to do is pick up a homeless man off the street, promise him food and a warm place to sleep, then bash him on the head and dump his body in the swamp, along with some of Brian's possessions.  The dentist examines his mouth and changes Brian's records to match, and voila, you have the headlines:  "Brian Laundrie's remains have been found!"  Meanwhile Brian is getting further and further away.  I won't be convinced until DNA taken from the skeleton matches the family.  I just hope the FBI chooses to run that DNA, and that law enforcement in general doesn't just say "Whew, case closed" and walk away!