Respected Contributor

Re: Regarding "customer reviews"-

I like reviews. I always read them and always post my opinion on items I purchase.  I find them helpful especially with regard to sizing.  When I see nothing but bad reviews for an item, I usually do not purchase.  I am very happy that QVC instituted reviews.  They have assisted me in informing my opinions about products.

Esteemed Contributor

I always read the reviews & most of the time I buy or don't buy an item based on the reviews .... it has always worked for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I read them and they help me make a decision either way. I was interested in a Susan Graver coat and the reviewers in my size said it was too tight and if you sized up, it was too big. I decided NOT to buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually check reviews and for the most part find them helpful, some not so much.  I appreciate the reviewers who give the most details as to why they like or don’t like something.  That gives me something to go on.  For instance, shoes, if someone says the toe box area is small I know it’s not for me.  If the neck opening on a top is too large it’s not for me.  I know my body type and what works for me.  I also like when people mention their weight and height and what size they needed.  All these things go into making a better decision.  When I leave reviews I try to do all of the above. 

Honored Contributor

most people just say--it's comfortable and I like it-----what in the world does that tell me????? I want hard info people, does it fit your size, did you have to go or down a size, do the upper sleeves fit tight or loose, can you see thru it; does it launder well (good?) is it well made; what about the length; does it go over your caboose or cling. that'[s alot but it's what I check in the dressing room before I buy. I bought some shoes here recently mostly because of the reviews; got them home only to find that the outer soles were so plastic-like and slick that I slid down a few of my stairs in my house. Not one word was said about that in the reviews. Sent those puppies back.Would not have ordered them if that was mentioned.

Respected Contributor

If I read several negatives, and it was something I was concerned about when I first saw the product, I don't buy.  Some negatives are totally useless when you read the details.  Almost embarrassing that someone would take the time to write pure nonsense. 

What about the reviews that are written here?  Even if there are numerous women who state details on why they don't like products, there are a few who gang up and insist everyone else is wrong.  How is that helpful?  I promise you, I am listening if you are stating details.  I can tell the difference between a debbie downer and a smart/thoughtful shopper.  I can also determine which negative would affect me, such as being allergic to something.  Keep the comments coming - positive AND negative.

Valued Contributor

In clothing reviews, I pay more attention when the reviewer references what size they are and what color they purchased.  I also prefer when reviews are written after a couple of wears. (I believe, overall, QVC's quality of material has diminished over the years and I have been burned by items pilling, shrinking and just looking tired before their time.)  The more reviews the person has posted, the more credible they become.  I do not read the reviews of first time reviewers. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

I wasn't aware you can see how many reviews a poster has submitted.  I'll have to watch for that.

Reviews are very helpful.  I especially like it when the reviewer gives height and weight and size purchased.  Most don't do that.

New Contributor

I know I'll be giving them little attention from now on. I just tried to review a recent purchase for an item I have purchased several times.  Since I posted a review of the product when originally purchased several years ago, I find I cannot post a new review for a subsequent purchase of the product, made years later, that's of inferior quality to previous purchases.  What gives?  They can change a product or send out poor quality items that customers can't review because they posted a review (a very good one) for the product several years ago.

I've been using Wen Mousse for several years and purchased it several times. I recently received two new bottles from two separate purchases.  One bottle is runny and never turns to foam when it comes out like the other does, yet I'm not allowed to post a new, current review to rebut or update that of my original purchase more than two years ago. That makes the reviews pretty much worthless, knowing that customers can't review a product that's been purchased and received separately, in separate transactions, over several years. A lot can change in two years including quality control, ingredients, quality of ingredients, manufacturer, etc.  So I won't be posting reviews for any more QVC purchases or products. Something's rotten in QVC land when customers are not able to separately review subsequent purchases of a product because they already review it from a previous purchase (made years ago). Each purchase of a product deserves its own review, one that's current and accurate for the product realtime.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BJC921    I understand why they wouldn't let you post multiple reviews on the same product.  I recently tried to post a review on something and was told I'd already reviewed it.  I had just forgotten that I had.  Posting multiple reviews would skew the average number of stars an item received.  I doubt if the majority of the situations would be like yours and they were trying to update their review.

On the other hand, Amazon lets you edit and update your review.  That might be something that QVC would consider allowing.  You should post that suggestion in the Suggestion Box forum if you're so inclined.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau