Esteemed Contributor

Re: Regarding "customer reviews"-

@wagirl wrote:

most people just say--it's comfortable and I like it-----what in the world does that tell me????? I want hard info people, does it fit your size, did you have to go or down a size, do the upper sleeves fit tight or loose, can you see thru it; does it launder well (good?) is it well made; what about the length; does it go over your caboose or cling. that'[s alot but it's what I check in the dressing room before I buy. I bought some shoes here recently mostly because of the reviews; got them home only to find that the outer soles were so plastic-like and slick that I slid down a few of my stairs in my house. Not one word was said about that in the reviews. Sent those puppies back.Would not have ordered them if that was mentioned.

I read reviews to find helpful information. But you're so right about poor reviews. I often wonder what help someone thinks is when they just comment: "Love it; wish I'd gotten another color." Come on, Peoples, REVIEW the item with important information or just don't waste your time.

Valued Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@BJC921    I understand why they wouldn't let you post multiple reviews on the same product.  I recently tried to post a review on something and was told I'd already reviewed it.  I had just forgotten that I had.  Posting multiple reviews would skew the average number of stars an item received.  I doubt if the majority of the situations would be like yours and they were trying to update their review.

On the other hand, Amazon lets you edit and update your review.  That might be something that QVC would consider allowing.  You should post that suggestion in the Suggestion Box forum if you're so inclined.

Count me as one who thinks editing the review would be great!  I usually try to write reviews on everything I buy, since I appreciate them so much.  I usually review the item within the first couple weeks.  Sometimes I have had a product for awhile and my review might change.  For example, I reviewed a tanzanite ring, I think I gave it 3 stars because while it was very pretty, I thought it was TINY for the price.  However, I find myself wearing it so often.  I wish I could up the stars.  On an opposite example, I gave a kitchen gadget 5 stars because it really worked great.  of course the next week, the darn thing broke... (had it for a couple months only).  being able to edit reviews would be great. 

Respected Contributor

I'll read a few and sometimes I may buy because of one.  More often than not tho, I wonder if we bought the same thing.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I pay no attention whatsoever to clothing or shoe reviews.  Taste in clothing and shoes varies so much between one person and another I don't know how anyone can read a review on a clothing item written by someone they do not know and whose taste in clothing they know nothing about and decide if a article of clothing is something they would like.  There is one famous designer on QVC whose clothing gets nothing but 5 stars.  I have purchased items from this line that I like but I have also returned a lot of items that I felt were not well made or where the material was cheap and yet it all gets 5 stars.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

None of my reviews get posted anymore because once I wrote one stating Laura Geller flat out lied that a blush was completely matte, but it has sparkles (Rosewater shade of her Vivid Swirl Gelato Blush). I like her, it wasn't hateful, but how can they lie knowing we buy it and see they did? (Then again, if she wants it to be matte then make it that way! I've heard her lie twice on this color)  Ever since they must have flagged me, even if I write a positive review, not mentioning other companies and following guidelines, they say they don't qualify. I wonder how many others wrote negative reviews that were not allowed to be seen, too. Yet, other negative reviews stating the same thing slipped by and got posted. I wonder if they only allow a certain percentage on some vendors?

Honored Contributor

I read the lowest reviews first, and consider whether they state facts (ex- thin, light weght fabric, too short for my 4'11"/ 140 pound frame, ent the first time I wore it) OR are what I refer to as subjective nonsense (looks cheap, looks like plastic, something my grandma would choose, didn't look like the model).

Then I look at the highest reviews and do the same analysis.

Next, I typically watch the online vidoe presentation.

Ultimately I decide for myself.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

I read the lowest reviews first, and consider whether they state facts (ex- thin, light weght fabric, too short for my 4'11"/ 140 pound frame, ent the first time I wore it) OR are what I refer to as subjective nonsense (looks cheap, looks like plastic, something my grandma would choose, didn't look like the model).

Then I look at the highest reviews and do the same analysis.

Next, I typically watch the online vidoe presentation.

Ultimately I decide for myself.

I do the same: read negatives first and see if they have the same complaints that concern me. Is it too long, fit tight or baggy, runs long, my particular concerns. Then I read the positives to see if they concur with my concerns. I love a well-written review & am very disappointed when I read something like: "I love it and the color is great." Very poor review.

Esteemed Contributor

I take them with a grain of salt. I was reading a Philosophy review the other day on one of the 3 N 1 shower gels. Almond something or the other. She gave it one star because she does not want to walk around smelling like almonds all day. It sounded like she had not even used the shower gel.

I thought to myself why did you buy it. Then I skimmed the review again and she said that her husband purchased it for her.

It's still a useless review in my book.

I have also read reviews on the other side of the spectrum. The purchaser had not opened the  box yet but she was sure that she would love the product.

Once again a useless review.

Esteemed Contributor

When I see useless reviews, or it appears the reviewer didn't purchase the item, or has not yet even opened the package or tried it on, I make sure I click "no" in the section that says "was this review helpful to you?"  I also have reported that the review was inappropriate in that section with the reasons why.  I haven't done it often, but I do when the review is not at all helpful or inappropriate.  Not sure if anything is ever done with the comments, but since it is asked, I feel it may be helpful to respond.