Contributor

Re: Reduced $3 & $5 Shipping on Some Items Today - Thanks QVC

I am pretty annoyed with this... I went to go purchase 2 lock and lock items... it is now going to cost me even MORE money than before.... because I will not be getting the 2nd item discount. The stupid lock and lock cost $21.00 each... these people think I am going to pay $14 for these 2 items?? This was not the S/H solution people have been asking for.....I'm finished with QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/2/2015 IloveDisney said:

I am pretty annoyed with this... I went to go purchase 2 lock and lock items... it is now going to cost me even MORE money than before.... because I will not be getting the 2nd item discount. The stupid lock and lock cost $21.00 each... these people think I am going to pay $14 for these 2 items?? This was not the S/H solution people have been asking for.....I'm finished with QVC.

This is a perfect example of how this new policy of NOT combining s&h is going to anger lots of customers. $3 each does not add up nearly as fast as $5 and $7 for the home and kitchen items...

The last L&L I ordered from Q was 2 identical sets for my mom and sister, and it was during a discounted shipping period last March. I paid a total of $7.50 for both sets combined. No way on Earth I would have paid $14, and probably not even $10, which is what the new rates would be for same item.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 AnotherView2 said:
On 2/2/2015 tbelle said: Will the return label fee still be $6.95 or will that also be reduced to $3.00? I don't see the price mentioned in the announcement.

on a thread in another forum, a poster mentioned that they called CS and CS stated that the old $6.95 preprint return label fees (and all other preprint return labels prices) will STAY THE SAME

Regarding returns: I called Customer Service this morning (Feb. 2) and the representative said the QVC return labels of $6.95, $8.95 and $10.95 (depending on the size/value/weight of the package/box) will remain the same. So, e.g., if you buy a sweater for $3 shipping and it does not fit, if you use the $6.95 QVC return label then that $6.95 amount plus the original $3 in shipping will be deducted from your return credit ($9.95 for a sweater). Guess I won't be buying sweaters AND other things, if you know what I mean. Part of what I liked about QVC was that they refunded your original S&H because you can't try things on or see the item in person before purchasing. As a longtime QVC customer, I will aim to shop elsewhere. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Esteemed Contributor

I'm posting my thoughts on this on all applicable threads, because I don't like this new policy, never asked for it, and I hope someone at QVC sees my comments:

There's an old saying... be careful what you wish for. So many people wanted cheaper shipping, and this is the result. This is going to be much worse for the buyer, and it may backfire on QVC.

I've never had a big problem with the shipping charges on most things I've purchased. And since there have been so many problems with inconsistent sizing on apparel, I would rather pay the higher shipping and have it refunded. Sometimes I've had to get both a small and a medium, because I never know what will fit, even though I always check the "click here" measurements. I bought five pairs of the straight leg D&Co How Smooth jeans when they came out, thinking they would be the same as the original boot cut in sizing. Wrong! They were made differently and I had to send them all back and order up a size. Under this new policy, at $3.00 per pair and about an $8.95 return shipping label, it would have cost me about $25.00 to return them. And then I would have to pay shipping for the new order. Not me... not this girl!

I'm glad I've already bought pretty much everything I'm going to need for a good while, both winter and summer. It would have to be something pretty darned special for me to buy and know that the shipping won't be refunded if I have to return it, even if it is lower. I will continue to buy things like Purity, Bare Minerals, etc., that I'm sure I will keep, but that's it.

Going to take stock of my closet and, if I do need anything, I will be going back to the B&M stores.. QVC has pretty much seen the last of my money!

You can't reason with unreasonable people.

Contributor

On 2/2/2015 SHOPR said:On 2/2/2015 IloveDisney said:

This is a perfect example of how this new policy of NOT combining s&h is going to anger lots of customers. $3 each does not add up nearly as fast as $5 and $7 for the home and kitchen items...

The last L&L I ordered from Q was 2 identical sets for my mom and sister, and it was during a discounted shipping period last March. I paid a total of $7.50 for both sets combined. No way on Earth I would have paid $14, and probably not even $10, which is what the new rates would be for same item.

For me to buy 2 of the same item for lock & lock, will now be $14. Not a chance. Two weeks ago I bought 2 sets of the same item, and today was going to buy 2 more... but not now...not after I read the email and confirmed it online... QVC has lost my business...

Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 IloveDisney said:
On 2/2/2015 SHOPR said:On 2/2/2015 IloveDisney said:

For me to buy 2 of the same item for lock & lock, will now be $14. Not a chance. Two weeks ago I bought 2 sets of the same item, and today was going to buy 2 more... but not now...not after I read the email and confirmed it online... QVC has lost my business...

I buy a lot of my L & L from Kitchen Collection at the outlet mall. The prices are less and no shipping.