Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reduced $3 & $5 Shipping on Some Items Today - Thanks QVC

On 2/2/2015 corinne said: I thought it was always their policy not to refund original shipping and handling unless item was defective or their fault?

They always refunded the original s&h (the amount that you paid when you purchased the item) but they only refunded the amount it cost you to return the item if it was damaged or defective or sent in error. Now they will not refund either unless it is damaged or defective or an error.

Honored Contributor

New policy is $3.00 shipping on most items. E-mail states specifics. No discount on additional items in the order. Also, after 2/17 on returns, unless it is defective or QVC error, original shipping cost will not be refunded. I'm sure everyone will get the e-mail; I got one this a.m.

Respected Contributor

I think it is a good thing for those of us who buy and rarely return something. It will be hard though on clothing since they run different sizes sometimes depending on the vendor. No more refund on original shipping either. It is good and bad news.

Contributor

Will the return label fee still be $6.95 or will that also be reduced to $3.00? I don't see the price mentioned in the announcement.
Super Contributor

On 2/2/2015 tbelle said: Will the return label fee still be $6.95 or will that also be reduced to $3.00? I don't see the price mentioned in the announcement.

on a thread in another forum, a poster mentioned that they called CS and CS stated that the old $6.95 preprint return label fees (and all other preprint return labels prices) will STAY THE SAME

Super Contributor

It's about time. They are finally doing what their competitors have been doing for years. But no more reduced shipping for second item and no refunds on original S&H unless it's due to the item being defective or Q made a mistake with the order. So with one hand they do something for the customer...and with the other hand, they take a lot of it back. I'm sure in the wash, this comes out in their favor. But it's a start...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Highlighted
Super Contributor

BTW - the email says all apparel, jewelry, and beauty ships at $3, regardless of price or weight. Most items under $50 and less than 1 lb. ships at $3. Most items under $100 and 1 lb. or more ships at $5. Items $100 or more ship at existing S&H rates; however, many of these may of these include S&H or offer free shipping.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Valued Contributor

I just got the email and the S&H will depend on cost and weight. From what I read there will be no reduction on the 2nd item now ordered at the same time and the return S&H will only be refunded if it is because the item is faulty. I will have to reread it but I was wondering how much a pair of D&C pants weighs. It will be either 5 or 7 dollars depending. About the same as before.

Super Contributor

On 2/2/2015 allaries said:

I just got the email and the S&H will depend on cost and weight. From what I read there will be no reduction on the 2nd item now ordered at the same time and the return S&H will only be refunded if it is because the item is faulty. I will have to reread it but I was wondering how much a pair of D&C pants weighs. It will be either 5 or 7 dollars depending. About the same as before.

If you are talking about original shipping, the $5 or $7 depending on weight is not for apparel. All apparel ships for $3.

Regular Contributor

Thanks QVC for reduced shipping, and boo to the no more 1/2 off on multiple items ordered. As for the returns, I normally try to put my returns and exchanges in one package, and use one label - that way I only have to pay once- I always write "Multiple Items" on the outside. Of course you can only send jewelry with jewelry , clothes - Shoes together, beauty with beauty items.

But I guess this is a good start, we need to keep at it. Now let's get them to work on something like HSN does with the purchase of items in a 24 hour period- or How about No shipping when purchasing over say $100 bucks.

Oh and FYI to those that purchase from HSN- the multiple purchase discounts-- the purchase in the 24 hour period must be via the same method, so you must make all of the discounted purchases either via phone or on line, or via text, you can't mix-- I found this out the other day when I asked why I didn't receive my discount. I was told must be via the same method. So just wanted to pass this along.

Happy shopping.