Honored Contributor

Re: Receiving Refund instead of requested Replacement Item

@Teddixat wrote:

IMO exchanges are a joke.  I recently returned an item to be exchanged.   I checked before to make sure my size and color was available and it was.  In fact most sizes and colors were available.   Instead I got a notice it was refunded instead.  I checked the item again and it is still available in my color and size.   This happens quite often.

QVC is a hot mess !!

@Teddixat    This has never happened to me because I just return, then reorder the item.  If it did, I'd fire off a complaint to Mr. Rawlinson.  People are too passive and accepting of this incompetence.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat - That's happened to me, quite a while ago.  I simply contacted the Social Team and they refunded the return shipping I'd been charged, then sent out a replacement item with no additional shipping charges.

Mistakes happen, but usually they can be rectified.

Also a note for anyone this happens to:  if they no longer have the item you wanted in stock, they'll issue you a refund.  However, you should not have the return shipping deducted from that refund.  If you do, contact CS and get it reimbursed.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Venezia   Well, the IT team has nothing to do with exchanges, returns, refunds etc. I'd still do a live chat again because the answers she got the first time had nothing to do with what she's needing to find out about. 

@PINKdogWOOD - I'm not sure what the IT team has to do with any of this.

The Social Team are the moderators on this board and CS reps.  They are excellent at resolving problems and usually respond quite quickly.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to print out a return label and it wouldn't print. I contacted the online chat, and that person was SOOOOOOO unhelpful in resolving my questions, but she did say that there is a known IT issue so that they could not send out return forms or labels and they didn't know when that would be fixed. I ended up going to the Social Team (which I should have done in the first place), and Beth assured me that I would not be charged shipping for the return since it was defective.

The chat person told me that i WOULD have to pay for that since it was the customer choice to return it. When I finally convinced her that this customer's choice would have been for the thing to work in the first place, she agreed to give me a credit - no refund.

The ineptitude of this company's IT department and the state of this website never fails to amaze me.

Regular Visitor

I’ve had this happen twice recently. So frustrating when the item is in stock and they can’t process a simple exchange. I agree with the others, the social team will be able to help. They told me to reorder the item and they were able to adjust the price afterwards because the item was no longer on sale.
Super Contributor

I also tried to do an exchange on an item that is in stock. I used the "easy returns & exchanged" and they emailed me & said something like "unfortuneately we are unable to process the exchange due to a system error". They refunded me instead & said I can call CS to re-order with the same terms. 

Trusted Contributor

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.

I purchased a pair of Laurie Felt Clean Jeans for the first time, so I wasn't sure of sizing.  When I received the jeans, they were too large.  I followed the process for "easy returns and exchanges" and asked for a smaller size instead.  I didn't think much about it.

A few days later I was sent an email that my refund was processed.  Huh? 

When I emailed the QVC Returns department, I was told that there was a system error and an exchange couldn't be made.  I was extremely annoyed because that "system error" caused me to have to pay shipping and handling to get the smaller size I was trying to exchange for.  I had also purchased the jeans for $25 less than what they were currently selling for.  I had to contact CS to make sure they made good on the original price I paid, which they did.

Easy exchanges?  No way.  That was the first and last time I ever try to exchange something.  Not worth the hassle.

Honored Contributor

@Cathyshopper wrote:

I recently returned Item number A513074, America & Beyond beaded bag in Lemonade, because mine was defective (beading was missing in a section). I marked online AND on my return form that I would like a replacement bag. Instead I was issued a refund (yes they are in stock) and so I attempted to find out why....

First, I called CS and she told me this is how it's being handled frequently now. What--they offer the option to replace but refund instead??  Ok so then I decided to try the chat feature and this was her response: "Our IT team is currently working to identify the issue and correct it.  I am sorry for any inconvenience." :\

At this point, they can keep this bag or I'll reorder it myself in the future. I found both of these responses odd so wanted to share.

Sounds like lots of issues at the Q....

b.s. responses.

Respected Contributor

I really kind of cringed hearing HSN is now promoting free exchanges. Too big or too small or not the right color etc. just exchange for free. I hope exchanges will work.

They seem to be better with CS. I don't get it as under Qurate why  then , Q has so many issues.They continue to not be resolved. Excuses also have been given for years.

I wish CS would suggest to customers  to just reorder as I tried another exchange on a defective TSV Bose. I missed the low price as sold out while shipped and processed. I was not thinking as upset about sending the new defective unit back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia    This just happened to me.  I returned an item for exchange but instead they refunded me even though the exchange for the same color different size was available and still available so I wrote to the asocial team and sure enough they charged me for the return.   So social team said they are refunding the $6.95.   

In addition, they never give a breakdown of your refund.  Honestly I won't I will never shop at the Q again, but we should not have to check and recheck their billing and refund  practices.