Respected Contributor

Received someone else's order

Apparently, this isn't uncommon!!! I opened a package addressed to me and, there was a shirt (2X) for a woman living in Georgia. 

I have NEVER received someone else's order from any other retailer. 

So weird- Why would a label with my name even get printed?

Honored Contributor

Re: Received someone else's order

@Tinkerbell3   Nobody knows how or why this happens since we know nothing about the flow in a Q warehouse.  Just send it back with a brief explanation using the prepaid label. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

One time I ordered a Vera Bradley bag and got 2 of the same, plus the receipt of someone else who bought the same thing. Including their name and address etc...

Honored Contributor

Since I and others here have had similar experiences, it isn't a random error.  It's understandable mistakes can be made, but when others are having the same problem, it's no longer a random issue.  

Of all the years shopping catalogs and online, QVC is the only retailer I received someone's order.  Not only someone's order, it was obviously worn with food smears on the front.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

Apparently, this isn't uncommon!!! I opened a package addressed to me and, there was a shirt (2X) for a woman living in Georgia. 

I have NEVER received someone else's order from any other retailer. 

So weird- Why would a label with my name even get printed?

@Tinkerbell3 

Yep, Ive had it happen several times.... I used the return label and went online and requested a USPS pickup from my home on the USPS website,"schedule a pickup", and then called QVC's CS to explain what happened so I would be sure not to be charged for the item nor the shipping both to and from, and also included a note in the return package....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 It's happened to me 2x with QVC, 1x HSN and 1x Kohls. It seemed, from each of their responses, the other person received my item. It happens. I figure the percentage of how much I order and the mistakes made is minimal. Unfortunately, even though the other person would return MY item ordered, the rep said I could only be refunded. That was fine. Can't imagine how long it would take for the other person to return the item, be processed, then shipped to me. I'm not perfect and don't expect everyone else to be either.

Contributor

Prepare to wait another month for what you actually ordered, if it's still in stock.  I found the woman whose swimsuit I received (I ordered a tank top) on FB and she received someone else's order, not even mine.  So it must be a pretty long wrong order chain... The next week I received a set of shower gels instead of the body creams I ordered, Q social team ignored my email, so I sent them back obviously with a note to send me what is ordered on the invoice.  Nope, got a refund instead.  I guess I should be thankful for that??  I am so done with the Q today!