Respected Contributor

Received late email for Free Shipping

I received an email today at 2:43 PM Pacific Time announcing Free Shipping for 4 Hours that had already ended at 11:00 AM PT today. Too late.

Honored Contributor

Re: Received late email for Free Shipping

@Desert Lily 

Don't feel bad, look thru the forums and you will see that even those of us who knew about the free shipping in time, a lot couldn't order.

The website went into melt down, wish lists and save for later lists disappeared and you couldn't order online (error messages) and you couldn't order via phone either (no answer).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I buy a lot from the Q and I have made up my mind not to buy another thing until they give free S&H and returns period.

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily   In all the years I have shopped with Q I have never ever received an e Mail announcing anything/sale/promotion, etc., even though I have completed their sign in to receive these.  My sign in’s must disappear into the ether! Lol

Valued Contributor

I'm done. "In process" item I cannot cancel. Poor customer service when I could get through to discuss the item. I was told it is in the warehouse, I thought well clearly it is, where else would it be since it hasn't shipped yet. I find this interesting as it was a new item and already has several, 62, reviews. So was mine back ordered and they don't want to tell me? Waiting on a return? And today I repeatedly tried to call customer service only to be disconnected each time. All this while watching Amazon delivery vans constantly go up and down my street today, must be nice.
Bottom line, I'm done QVC. Not paying your ludicrous shipping to and from any longer. And that D&C item is as good as returned the minute it hits my door. If it ever does.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I finally got my order and free shipping by calling them. It took most of the day! They were helpful and sorry, it's not their fault. 
  I'm certain they loose sales due to this. I didn't order as much as I would have and walked the dogs. It was a beautiful day. Then I'd try the site again. It worked when free shipping was gone.

Honored Contributor

I normally get all kinds of notices about Q events but I didnt get a word about the free shipping event this morning.  It's okay thougj as I didnt want or need anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@1Snickers 

I'm glad you were finally able to get your order thru!

I feel bad for the CS reps and Mods, they have to take the grief and bad attitudes from customers when this stupid kind of stuff happens and it's not their fault at all.

They have nothing to do with the very poor decisions that QVC Corporate makes regarding policy and their very, very inept website, the employees are just trying to make a living.

We as buyers, can only show our utmost disdain by closing our wallets to QVC, all the complaining in the world obviously falls on QVC's deaf ears.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

I received an email today at 2:43 PM Pacific Time announcing Free Shipping for 4 Hours that had already ended at 11:00 AM PT today. Too late.

I received it late, as well. I had 15 minutes to order and the website was unable to handle the volume apparently because it crawled and search didn't work well....needless to say the order didn't get processed in time.

In a bit of good news, several Bethlehem Lights items I wanted I was able to buy from EBay for much less money and FAST shipping....I received them in 3 days!

Honored Contributor

@10000thnickname 

I did the same thing, just on other sites.

Between the free shipping disaster yesterday and the multitude of problems that a lot of buyers here have been experiencing for way too long IMO, I went online and took care of my entire Christmas shopping list on sites that offered the same product for sometimes less and free shipping.

All of my orders will be here next week and I'm done!

I have to thank QVC for teaching me that I was stuck in a QVC 'rut' after 25+ years of shopping here.

I must admit that sometimes I'm a 'creature of habit', but no more, LOL!