Trusted Contributor

Received empty box in taped up brown envelope,

I am so thankful Qvc was able to replace the earrings. They were fairly expensive, i ordered them on 12th and wondered why they took so long. I tracked them everyday, yesterday it said a delay in delivering. Today when i got home i saw package by front door. I noticed it was taped around in the middle so i took a picture of it.  I could feel a box inside, i opened it and it was empty. Just the pouch and box, reciept also missing.

I do not trust mail at all, i wish we could choose how we want items delivered, especially jewelry items. But a big Thank You, to QVC for repacing the item for me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Received empty box in taped up brown envelope,

Early this summer, while expecting a dress, I got a big, sealed white plastic bag that was completely empty.  Can't blame that on the post office.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Early this summer, while expecting a dress, I got a big, sealed white plastic bag that was completely empty.  Can't blame that on the post office.

WOW ! It must be at QVC, hope they install those cameras they sell at packing and shipping places. But for me i have had problems with post office , just recently i sent my son 2 gift cards, with a return address. He never got them, 200.00 gone. I will never mail gift cards again.

Honored Contributor

I recently had placed an order with Amazon for a 4-pack of Spray 'N Wash. It was to be delivered by the post office, for some reason.  It did, in fact, get delivered in exactly the size and shape box I would have expected.  When I lifted it, there was absolutely no weight to it.  When I opened it, it was filled with bubble wrap!  That's all!!!!!!!!!!!!  The box was fully sealed with Amazon tape and showed no sign of tampering.  Of course, Amazon gave me credit, but was astounded when I described the shipment!!!!

Respected Contributor

The same thing happened to me this year with a lipstick I ordered from HSN.  The package arrived empty.  They very kindly sent a replacement. 

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

WOW ! It must be at QVC, hope they install those cameras they sell at packing and shipping places. But for me i have had problems with post office , just recently i sent my son 2 gift cards, with a return address. He never got them, 200.00 gone. I will never mail gift cards again.

@dogsx3    That's a real shame.  I always send my grandsons Amazon gift cards electronically.  They've never had any trouble receiving or using them and Amazon has everything from which to choose.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had the same issue with Amazon, I received my order in a brown envelope INSIDE my community secured mailbox, but the package was empty, there was no evidence of the envelope being tampered with...so this must have occurred at the vendor's site or at Amazon's warehouse

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 

TWICE I have had jewelry stolen.  And they were NOT expensive~the thief got fakes.

Env was opened, contents of pouches in boxes removed, replaced and POORLY retaped the envelope.  I mean BAD.  The second I saw them, I knew they had been tampered with.

I contacted my PO, he sent me a picture that they received it that way...meaning Newgistics stole it.

He said they have to recourse against them.

I sent pics to the moderators who prompty refunded me.

In both cases, the items were sold out....but when they came back in stock, the mods sent them at my original price.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

RespectLife

It sounds just like my package, ripped open in middle badly re-taped. the box and pouch inside, but empty !                                                                                                                I went to the post office this morning and asked why they delivered a package that was obviously tampered with. he said, " they have to follow thru with the delivery." and he gave me a number of a place that holds lost items from packages. Mine wasn't lost, the pouch was put back in the box after they took out the earrings. I think QVC should rethink mailing more expensive stuff in brown pouches, or send ups with signatures.  

Trusted Contributor

IMG_20220926_131515 (2).jpg