Valued Contributor

Really miss the "old" QVC! Do you?

I was organizing my records and receipts this week (I do it every January to get ready for tax season) plus shredding old receipts from 2008. (I keep them for seven years and then out they go!) Anyway, I noticed that I had only purchased one item from QVC this year (a replacement set of sheets).  Compared to seven years ago, when my receipts for items from QVC numbered over 40, there's quite a difference. Then I was buying Birkenstocks, Joan River's jewelry (loved her eggs and line bracelets and still wear them!), Smashbox makeup, Breezies, Jim Shore, and Quacker Factory.  I can't think of anything this year that has tempted me to buy.  Can barely stand to watch anymore, but it has sure helped my wallet.  Still, I really miss some of these products and shows. Do any of you feel the same?

Respected Contributor

Re: Really miss the "old" QVC! Do you?

Me too.  I was thinking the same thing when I put up a beautiful hand made blown glass tree ornament.  From Poland.  Just exquisite.  Q used to have such interesting things and variety you couldn't get anyplace else.  Not any longer.

Respected Contributor

People make changes, companies change, on and on.  It is what it is.  I've found many other places to shop online that I'm happy with.  I like QVC for some things.  Let go and move on!

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree. I miss the better mix of products and programming and I miss the greater variety. I also miss some of the hosts who have left and I surely miss the way hosts used to present products. Watching now tends to be nerve-wracking and is more of a chore. Who needs more chores?

I see their current focus is to hype the 'brands' they carry, but so what? It's too often too much of the same things and it's boring. I'll say it again, shopping for non-essentials should be fun and this is no longer enjoyable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Yes, I miss the old Q.  I used to have in on nearly all the tmecas background noise and would stop and pay attention when something caught my interest.  Now, the range of products they present seems mch narrower, and most of the products they present are not of interest. I enjoyed quilt shows, craft show, collectibles, jewelry, watches, etc.  

Now they seems to focus on brands (Wen, Philosophy, Temptations, Vionic, Clark's, etc.) and devote entire hours to these.  The brands they present are not of interest, so I seldom watch.  But the brand strategy must be working for them, else they wouldn't do it. So I guess other viewers like the brand approach.

Valued Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

People make changes, companies change, on and on.  It is what it is.  I've found many other places to shop online that I'm happy with.  I like QVC for some things.  Let go and move on!

I have moved on--witnessed by my lack of purchases! I don't even have the Q (or any shopping channel) on my programmable remote anymore.  But I should be allowed a bit of nostalgia for the good old days--come on!  The excitement just isn't there any longer.

I was just curious if anyone else felt the same way.

Honored Contributor

I miss the costumed shows, which I thought were delightfully tacky and hilarious. Aside from that, no. QVC sells a lot of things I'm interested in.

Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Well, if it's okay with you, I will think on the good old days from time to time while I am letting go and moving on.  I don't have stock in the Q company.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

I have moved on--witnessed by my lack of purchases! I don't even have the Q (or any shopping channel) on my programmable remote anymore.  But I should be allowed a bit of nostalgia for the good old days--come on!  The excitement just isn't there any longer.

I was just curious if anyone else felt the same way.

Agree @Colinka, it's not about moving on... I've moved on too, but that doesn't mean I can't express my reasons for moving on and, at the same time, say what it might take to make me an interested viewer and customer once again. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I've been shopping with QVC almost from the beginning and I love it more and more every year.  QVC and Amazon are my "go to" places to shop.  QVC is just one of many retailers, if they aren't selling what you need or want, there are many other places to shop. Most of the brands you mention are still here but of course they aren't selling the exact same items they sold 10 years ago.  QVC wouldn't still be in business if that were the case.  I don't keep old QVC receipts from years and years ago.  My guesstimate is that 7 years ago, I bought 2 things a month from QVC.  These days I buy 2-3 things a week.  And I rarely watch QVC on tv anymore.