Respected Contributor

Re: Really bummed - my package was returned to sender

I had that happen with a blouse once.  I called the P.O., not Evine.  The Postmaster looked it up and saw there was a substitute mail carrier that day.  She claimed she couldn't locate my address (condo).......really?  My regular guy would never do that.  One other time, the carrier left the yellow card in my box without even attempting to deliver the small package (I was home, so I knew).  It's like someone here said......sometimes they are just too lazy.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

My QVC deliveries always take longer when they are "handed off" to the USPS as opposed to coming by UPS.   As of today I have a top that has not made it here by the EDD.  Last night another top was delivered at night, just left by the door.  DH went out for something at 9pm and there it was.  My UPS deliveries come on time, and I'm notified the day before they arrive.  Also get an email telling me it has been delivered, and that it was left at the side door, which I get to specify.  My USPS delivery is a joke in comparison and my regular postman always seems to have a chip on his shoulder. Bad working conditions maybe?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I ordered the Chi curling/flat iron thing - thought it would be easier to use than an curling iron and my package made it all the way to the local post office and then poof, the next thing listed is "item is being returned to shipper".

I called CS this morning and spoke with a very nice person who said that they only thing she thought might have happened is that the shipping label came off after it arrived at the post office.  What a bummer that is and since the item is being returned to the vendor, not to QVC, there's no chance for them to locate and re-ship it.

I appreciate the efforts of the CS staff to help me out but I have to say I am really bummed not to get the item I ordered.  Personally I think that if it had been shipped UPS rather than this Fed Ex smart post deal, it would have been delivered.  I ordered it as I was leaving to go out the door and didn't get to log in to change the shipping method so it already shipped.

Just expressing my disappointment in the failure to launch of Fed Ex smart post.

I've actually had numerous problems with UPS, specifically "return to sender" situations.  If given the choice, I always choose not to use UPS.

I hope that somehow your package shows up.  Maybe you'll have a nice surprise!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

I ordered the Chi curling/flat iron thing - thought it would be easier to use than an curling iron and my package made it all the way to the local post office and then poof, the next thing listed is "item is being returned to shipper".

I called CS this morning and spoke with a very nice person who said that they only thing she thought might have happened is that the shipping label came off after it arrived at the post office.  What a bummer that is and since the item is being returned to the vendor, not to QVC, there's no chance for them to locate and re-ship it.

I appreciate the efforts of the CS staff to help me out but I have to say I am really bummed not to get the item I ordered.  Personally I think that if it had been shipped UPS rather than this Fed Ex smart post deal, it would have been delivered.  I ordered it as I was leaving to go out the door and didn't get to log in to change the shipping method so it already shipped.

Just expressing my disappointment in the failure to launch of Fed Ex smart post.

@Sooner  I don't understand your post in light of what I highlighted above in the OP's post.  If there was no label, how could it ever have been delivered to her house to later pick up?  The P.O. wouldn't know where to deliver it.  Sheesh.

@Sooner wrote:
@Save the Whales wrote:
This has happened to me when my packages are forwarded from UPS to UPSP Post Office. The mail person doesn't leave a notice at my door stating that they tried to deliver a package. Back goes the package. I will call CS to see where my package is because it states that it was delivered. I get a UPSP tracking number from QVC/HSN then I have to call and go to the Post Office and see if my package is there. My regular mail person said that some don't even try and deliver the package.......I don't think our packages should be forwarded to the Post Office. Especially with the cost of some Shipping/Handling. This is just not right.

Well you have a very bad mail carrier.  We get a lot of packages and when we aren't home they will redeliver if you ask or you can go get the package that must be signed for.  I have never failed to get that little peach colored card, or had them something back without trying to get it to you.  If this happens from USPS, report your carrier to the postmaster.  

Well forgive me my stupidity.  Sheesh?  What's that about????

Since you felt the need to ask, it's about not reading carefully.  

Respected Contributor

Hi folks, well, here's an update.  I received the package two days later so I had to call CS back and have them reinstate the charge for the item.

So as NYC Susan mentioned - I got a happy surprise after all.

As others have mentioned perhaps it was a sub on the route that day and they took it back to the PO and someone else re-delivered it.

The label was definitely not missing.

Respected Contributor

GinaV24....so glad your package arrived. We have really good mail service both UPS & UPSP but, when we have substitute carriers and our packages are transferred from UPS to UPSP for some reason they don't get delivered. But over all we always have great service from both carriers and our mail service. Have a good one!!! Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Hi folks, well, here's an update.  I received the package two days later so I had to call CS back and have them reinstate the charge for the item.

So as NYC Susan mentioned - I got a happy surprise after all.

As others have mentioned perhaps it was a sub on the route that day and they took it back to the PO and someone else re-delivered it.

The label was definitely not missing.

Oh, I'm so glad!!!  :-)