Esteemed Contributor

Really bummed - my package was returned to sender

I ordered the Chi curling/flat iron thing - thought it would be easier to use than an curling iron and my package made it all the way to the local post office and then poof, the next thing listed is "item is being returned to shipper".

I called CS this morning and spoke with a very nice person who said that they only thing she thought might have happened is that the shipping label came off after it arrived at the post office.  What a bummer that is and since the item is being returned to the vendor, not to QVC, there's no chance for them to locate and re-ship it.

I appreciate the efforts of the CS staff to help me out but I have to say I am really bummed not to get the item I ordered.  Personally I think that if it had been shipped UPS rather than this Fed Ex smart post deal, it would have been delivered.  I ordered it as I was leaving to go out the door and didn't get to log in to change the shipping method so it already shipped.

Just expressing my disappointment in the failure to launch of Fed Ex smart post.

Respected Contributor

Re: Really bummed - my package was returned to sender

This has happened to me when my packages are forwarded from UPS to UPSP Post Office. The mail person doesn't leave a notice at my door stating that they tried to deliver a package. Back goes the package. I will call CS to see where my package is because it states that it was delivered. I get a UPSP tracking number from QVC/HSN then I have to call and go to the Post Office and see if my package is there. My regular mail person said that some don't even try and deliver the package.......I don't think our packages should be forwarded to the Post Office. Especially with the cost of some Shipping/Handling. This is just not right.
Honored Contributor

@Save the Whales wrote:
This has happened to me when my packages are forwarded from UPS to UPSP Post Office. The mail person doesn't leave a notice at my door stating that they tried to deliver a package. Back goes the package. I will call CS to see where my package is because it states that it was delivered. I get a UPSP tracking number from QVC/HSN then I have to call and go to the Post Office and see if my package is there. My regular mail person said that some don't even try and deliver the package.......I don't think our packages should be forwarded to the Post Office. Especially with the cost of some Shipping/Handling. This is just not right.

Well you have a very bad mail carrier.  We get a lot of packages and when we aren't home they will redeliver if you ask or you can go get the package that must be signed for.  I have never failed to get that little peach colored card, or had them something back without trying to get it to you.  If this happens from USPS, report your carrier to the postmaster.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

I ordered the Chi curling/flat iron thing - thought it would be easier to use than an curling iron and my package made it all the way to the local post office and then poof, the next thing listed is "item is being returned to shipper".

I called CS this morning and spoke with a very nice person who said that they only thing she thought might have happened is that the shipping label came off after it arrived at the post office.  What a bummer that is and since the item is being returned to the vendor, not to QVC, there's no chance for them to locate and re-ship it.

I appreciate the efforts of the CS staff to help me out but I have to say I am really bummed not to get the item I ordered.  Personally I think that if it had been shipped UPS rather than this Fed Ex smart post deal, it would have been delivered.  I ordered it as I was leaving to go out the door and didn't get to log in to change the shipping method so it already shipped.

Just expressing my disappointment in the failure to launch of Fed Ex smart post.

@Sooner  I don't understand your post in light of what I highlighted above in the OP's post.  If there was no label, how could it ever have been delivered to her house to later pick up?  The P.O. wouldn't know where to deliver it.  Sheesh.

@Sooner wrote:
@Save the Whales wrote:

Well you have a very bad mail carrier.  We get a lot of packages and when we aren't home they will redeliver if you ask or you can go get the package that must be signed for.  I have never failed to get that little peach colored card, or had them something back without trying to get it to you.  If this happens from USPS, report your carrier to the postmaster.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Sooner  I don't understand your post in light of what I highlighted above in the OP's post.  If there was no label, how could it ever have been delivered to her house to later pick up?  The P.O. wouldn't know where to deliver it.  Sheesh.

@Sooner wrote:
@Save the Whales wrote:

Well forgive me my stupidity.  Sheesh?  What's that about????

Honored Contributor

I hate this UPS/USPS way of delivering also.  I have a package from another vendor that was due yesterday, according to UPS.  They claimed to have handed it off to USPS on 2/2.  USPS is saying that they have only received "notification" of intent to ship.  I'm caught in the middle.  Neither side is accepting responsibility at this point.  I'm left to wait it out for a couple of days to see if it shows up.  

Going the UPS/USPS route just allows another element to potential loss of the package.

Honored Contributor

I get good service no matter whichj service is used.  OP trusts FedEx and UPS more.  In my experience, the only package that was lost coming from QVC happened because my UPS driver misdelivered it -   and then tried to lie his way out of it!

Thankfully, I sawe him the day the "delivered" message showed up on my account    and when I confronted him the next day and he claimed I'd gotten it, I described what I'd seen him do and his body language admitted his error. 

No, in my area, just sending packages via a different service wouldn't change things.  (No, I don't have friends and family who work for USPS.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just in general, and not to quarrel with anyone, but a lot of us do find that the postal carriers, especially the fill-in or "non-regular" ones are not very good.  They take shortcuts, they deliver to the wrong address, or they do stupid things like toss something over a fence into a backyard where the resident would never think to look unless they actually caught the postal person in the act (which I did - and jumped into my car to catch him and tell him what a terrifically bad idea that was.  And it was raining so the package would have been soaked.)

Now, that doesn't happen all the time or even on a regular basis, but some things are outrageously memorable.   

ETA:  Well, wouldn't you know?  Our mail carrier put half my mail into my box and half into a neighbor's.  I only found out because I happened to be outside checking whether the mail had arrived and the mail truck drove up.

He filled the boxes but all I had was a couple of pieces.  I then walked down to where he was at the next set of boxes, and told him I was expecting other things.  So he did make the effort to walk all the way back to my (and my immediate neighbors') set of mailboxes and, lo and behold, he had placed half my mail into someone else's box.

If I hadn't caught him when I did, who knows how long it would have taken to get my own mail.

We did not have this many problems with our fomer carrier, but unfortunately she retired.  Some carriers take a lot more care than others.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Are you just reading the tracking information?  I had tracking show that a package was returned to sender (QVC) but it really wasn't.  I got it a few days late but did get it.

I'm amazed that CS would think the label was missing because if that happened it would never go out anywhere. 

As for Fed Ex smart post, there's also UPS smart post and both are bummers, IMO.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@millieshops  We also get excellent service from our USPS carriers.   I think the service from all the carriers might be different in some areas but ours is good.