Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I just clicked over to QVC for ten seconds and saw a model standing there in a BELTED red down jacket or puffer jacket of some sort. Puffer coats are bad enough, but a shorter belted one? Why diet down to a small size and then wear something that adds many pounds to your look? What are the designers thinking? Looking like the ”Michelin man" isn't exactly what I'm going for.

LOL.... when I was watching they all were extoling how DB's puffer jacket didn't look like it added any weight to the models wearing it.....  really ????  I really had to laugh at the belted one.....  really a reach..... 

I didn't see this, but was it that famous obi belt?? Lol. @libbyannE @Q4u

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I just clicked over to QVC for ten seconds and saw a model standing there in a BELTED red down jacket or puffer jacket of some sort. Puffer coats are bad enough, but a shorter belted one? Why diet down to a small size and then wear something that adds many pounds to your look? What are the designers thinking? Looking like the ”Michelin man" isn't exactly what I'm going for.

LOL.... when I was watching they all were extoling how DB's puffer jacket didn't look like it added any weight to the models wearing it.....  really ????  I really had to laugh at the belted one.....  really a reach..... 

@handygal2

I was only flipping by. I didn't stop to look and see if it was the famous obi belt or whether it was a self-belt. Good question. Made me chuckle! 

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

LOLOL  ”Michelin man"  This cracked me up!  

Honored Contributor

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

LOL.... nuts... I didn't look that hard.  It seemed to be a thinner style belt rather than the much loved Obi..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I think the jacket in question is actually a G.I.L.I puffer jacket that was on air during the Dennis and Jill show on Tuesday. A285811. I think the jacket does not need a belt either. At least model Jacqui was wearing one that fit her nicely and it looked better on her unbelted. Jill Martin wants to belt everything and it simply doesn't work. I see a lot of people with packable puffer jackets and nobody belts them.

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ItemsRecentlyOnAirView?storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&la...

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I-Belted-Down-Puffer-Jacket.product.A285811.html?sc=A285811-24HR&cm_sp=VIEW...

Valued Contributor

Love down coats but a black belt would be the last thing I'd wear with that red coat.

All you'd need is a white scarf to finish off the Santa costume to perfection.