Honored Contributor

I find it surprising at the number of posts about Easy Pay being the default payment.  I cant believe that people dont read what they are clicking on when their money and/or CC's are being used.  Just happy clickers I guess.

Save yourself some aggravation and read before you click.  If you dont read then you get what you deserve, in otherwords its your fault.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I find it surprising at the number of posts about Easy Pay being the default payment.  I cant believe that people dont read what they are clicking on when their money and/or CC's are being used.  Just happy clickers I guess.

Save yourself some aggravation and read before you click.  If you dont read then you get what you deserve, in otherwords its your fault.

Not if that was not the default before and the change to make it default was made without notification.

I rarely buy from QVC, so I can't say. But, others say that this change was made recently with no notification. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On the previous ordering form/page, if you chose the "Speed Buy" option, easy pay was always the default.

Which is why I always did the step-by-step ordering instead.

Honored Contributor

@ILTH ................Yes it was made without any notification but for me I read over my orders (not just QVC) before I click the final buy button, just in case I put in the wrong item, size, color etc.  It has saved me from ordering something wrong a few times.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette ...........I never do speed buying for me personally I need to double check myself.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@geezerette ...........I never do speed buying for me personally I need to double check myself.

@Imaoldhippie 

Exactly my reason!  And when I order by phone, I do the same thing.  Takes longer, but I'm not in a hurry anyway.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

On the previous ordering form/page, if you chose the "Speed Buy" option, easy pay was always the default.

Which is why I always did the step-by-step ordering instead.

Agree, I never use "speed buy."  Haven't bought anything recently so don't know if it's a new system or not.

Honored Contributor

Re: Read before you click

[ Edited ]

It's not written in stone either---Even if you forget about the change and it goes to Easy Pay you can go back into your order status MODIFY your payment method and pay off the BALANCE on any item...Now it might not be effective until your next billing cycle, but it will be done and paid for and no more Easy Pay to worry about!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Not if that was not the default before and the change to make it default was made without notification.

I rarely buy from QVC, so I can't say. But, others say that this change was made recently with no notification. 

Untrue.

I refer you to the statement posted by QVC last summer (and chatted about by posters in multi threads)

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/A-new-checkout-experience-is-headed-your-way/m-p/5619987#...

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Untrue.

I refer you to the statement posted by QVC last summer (and chatted about by posters in multi threads)

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/A-new-checkout-experience-is-headed-your-way/m-p/5619987#...

You dont have to refer me anywhere. Please note that I wrote the word if in my comment. You even quoted it. 

You may refer those who say they received no notification to the other thread.