Respected Contributor

Oh, get a grip on yourselves.  He didn't insult anyone, it was just a selling tactic.  We've heard many vendors use similar hyperbole about many things, not just plus size clothing. 

Respected Contributor

I took it to mean that lovely clothes are difficult to find "out there" in plus sizes; he is absolutely right.  However, here at QVC we have his jackets and coats in plus sizes, lots of color options, and here the plus size fashion isn't more expensive.

I wear an XL and have a terrible time finding anything lately in stores; they will have a rack of sweaters, and one or two in XL and they are gone in an instant.  

Plus size departments are still awful, even though progress has been made in offering better styles and quality.  I walk in, see the mannequins, walk out; maybe get a pair of jeans or simple top.  Here I can get designer clothing in XL or plus sizes from Dennis and Linea and Joan R., etc. that is great quality and design, at an excellent pricepoint.

I did not take his comments to be a slight to plus size women.

Honored Contributor

I think this used to be true, and for the Designers at the top of the Fashion industry is still probably true

However all the  designers like Lauren, Kors, Karen kane, Vince Camuto etc do clothing in the 1x and up sizes which you can find in the dept stores.  

The petite department are getting less floor space....

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I think this used to be true, and for the Designers at the top of the Fashion industry is still probably true

However all the  designers like Lauren, Kors, Karen kane, Vince Camuto etc do clothing in the 1x and up sizes which you can find in the dept stores.  

The petite department are getting less floor space....

Thank you!!!!   For a second there, I thought the plus size fashions that those designers and whole lot of other top knotch designers sell was a hallucination.....lol   I swear, I read some of the ridiculous stuff on this board and I think they must be living in some alternate universe...lol  

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Womens-Clothing/Featured-Designers/cat44670744_cat000001_cat000000/c.cat

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Womens-Clothing/Featured-Designers/cat44670744_cat000001_cat000000/c.cat

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplay?facet=&langId=-1&urlRequestType...

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplay?facet=&langId=-1&urlRequestType...

Honored Contributor

@Perkup

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor

My opinion is that Dennis did not mean it as insulting. Although stores and brands are getting better, many good looking pieces often end at size 12.  I am a plus size woman and understand what he is saying. I have read many articles from many sources and his reputation of being a kind, generous person precedes him. I would try not to believe the worst on this one. Just my humble opinion. 

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Irish1210 wrote:

I didn't feel his comment was offensive at all.  I believe he was stating that he tries to be inclusive with his items and makes them available for every size.  That was my take on it, anyway : )

I agree with you and I also agree with Dennis Basso.  I've changed sizes a few times in my life, and now at 81 (as of yesterday) I know how difficult it can be to find really attractive clothing in larger sizes. Right now I am a size 14 to handle my shifting sands.  But even at that size it's hard to find things I love that fit.  And because I have a dear friend who needs a 1x or sometimes a 2x, I know that some of the clothing in plus sizes can really look hideous.  Awful, tacky prints, too much embellishment and often poor quality.  Dennis isn't a fav of mine, but he is right on with this one. His larger sizes are just as attractive as his XXS's.

@Perkup happy belated birthday, Perkup!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thank you Kachina.  All in all it was a good day.

I spent the day recovering from eye surgery on Wednesday. Glad to have that over - difficulty after removal of a cataract causing cornea to cloud over so still don't have very much vision, but it will come. The surgery was a piece of cake (not birthday cake sadly) so if you ever have cataracts get them off. You'll be so glad.

Respected Contributor

I heard his comment.  He did not intend it to sound mean.  

Honored Contributor

Lena McIlwain will be his new rep.    She is a very gracious woman.......Can't wait for her debut.

♥Surface of the Sun♥