New Contributor

I was disgusted with the comment Dennis Basso made suring his presentation of suede jackets.  He told Albany that  "After size 14, it's hard to find anything"!!  Excuse me, but isn't that what QVC is known for is the variety of styles and sizes for everyone?  He was standing right next to a plus-sized model when he said that.  I would have been so insulted if Iere her.

Bonnie O.

Contributor

I *THOUGHT* that's what I heard and was crushed he would be so rude.  I'm sure he didn't intend it to be mean-spirited but it certainly wasn't very nice.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

He meant in regular stores--duh

New Contributor

That's not what I heard.  He said what he meant.

Regular Contributor

DB is no slimjim himself...think it was a case of the pot calling the kettle black....

Albany was annoying as usual....so that didn't help the show either...

Respected Contributor

Why is it that people just jump at the chance to make accusations and assumptions instead of taking the time to really listen to what's being said?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

I didn't feel his comment was offensive at all.  I believe he was stating that he tries to be inclusive with his items and makes them available for every size.  That was my take on it, anyway : )

New Contributor

Albany had to get the comment in that she was wearing an XX Small in Isaac's show!!

Respected Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

I didn't feel his comment was offensive at all.  I believe he was stating that he tries to be inclusive with his items and makes them available for every size.  That was my take on it, anyway : )

I agree with you and I also agree with Dennis Basso.  I've changed sizes a few times in my life, and now at 81 (as of yesterday) I know how difficult it can be to find really attractive clothing in larger sizes. Right now I am a size 14 to handle my shifting sands.  But even at that size it's hard to find things I love that fit.  And because I have a dear friend who needs a 1x or sometimes a 2x, I know that some of the clothing in plus sizes can really look hideous.  Awful, tacky prints, too much embellishment and often poor quality.  Dennis isn't a fav of mine, but he is right on with this one. His larger sizes are just as attractive as his XXS's.

Respected Contributor

I am 5'9" tall and wear a large and sometimes an extra large depending on the brand.  I don't find it hard to find stylish clothes that fit properly and are flattering.  Depends on where you shop.