Contributor

Re: Raechel McCray could be the next LR

[ Edited ]

Jonny Jonny Jonny!  Do you really think a 54 year old has been is a diva.   When she left did you think a 49 year old walking around in an evening gown dragging a Dracula train selling items on a home shopping channel was a diva.   Bless your heart.   

I don't think any host thinks of themself as a diva or wants to be a diva.   They most likely come to work, emjoy their pay checks and benefits, go home and enjoy their life.    There is only one who gave the impression they were a celebrity.    The same Q customers still order from Q and they most likely have their current fav host.   

Levine was a well liked host and she moved on.  She was class, style and wasn't in love with herself.  She sold items and didn't spend the entire time doing a pagaent pose and looking at herself in the monitors. 

I'm sure this new gal is happy to have a job, realizes her job is to sell products not herself.  I'm sure she will do well.  

Honored Contributor

I saw this new host on with MBR and I do believe she will be the new and improved MBR. I think QVC is trying to encourage these older, very high paid hosts to retire or move on. Just because LR considered herself a DIVA doesn't mean the other hosts want that title. I do believe they want to be top host though and host as many shows on prime time as they can.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I think we found our new diva in training in Rachelle. She came from entertainment reporting and her facebook QVC is as already showing poses of trends and styles. I absolutely love this. There is still this void LR left the world of fashion and glamour and Rachelle looks to me like she wants to own it for the camera.

So much for celebrating feminism!

Respected Contributor

I usually don’t comment when this writer floods the boards but I got to thinking here as they have surfaced quite a bit lately.  I was trying to decipher the name used and I know this past host had a stalker or stalkers. Not that it truly matters, but I would say he’s Jon from new york south bronx. Maybe one of her “superfans”. Just a thought here.

Honored Contributor

I read it as Rachel Ray.

I got very scared for a second. LOL

Valued Contributor

OP, again, just another suggestion for you to get more positive responses, try updating your phrasing. Diva = not a good thing but maven doesn’t sound as negative. Fashion mavens are a thing.

Now I’m not saying LR is a fashion maven but it’s more complimentary than calling her a diva.
Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO Once again, WHY do we "NEED" another Lisa? I never watched her, could care less about her. WHY do you feel the "NEED" to worship Lisa on these forums?

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I think we found our new diva in training in Rachelle. She came from entertainment reporting and her facebook QVC is as already showing poses of trends and styles. I absolutely love this. There is still this void LR left the world of fashion and glamour and Rachelle looks to me like she wants to own it for the camera.

Being a diva is not something anyone should aspire to be.

And Rachelle doesn't need to be anyone other than herself.  If she came from entertainment reporting, she already has her own on-air personality.  QVC hired her because they like HER, not to groom her to replace someone else.  If they wanted "the next LR", they would have kept the one they had.

Give this woman credit.  She got the job and will make it her own.  Not all roads have to lead to LR.

Honored Contributor

Have you told her yet?

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  Guess I'm blessed...I've never felt the void of LR......

Me neither.