Valued Contributor

Re: Raechel McCray could be the next LR

@San Antonio Gal If you are so bothered by people not worshipping LR, then why don't you keep scrolling?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lisa actually has amazing style and is so gorgeous. This is how GILI was created. Viewers would call in wanting the clothes Lisa was wearing. It was supposed to be create a few pieces and It became a full fledged line. Within a year sales skyrocketed 2000 percent. It was nothing short of a phenom. Lisa helped design all those amazing pieces. Her last motorcycle Jacket she sent back 6 times until it was too her liking. She was a stickler for what she wanted. Also she came up with the GILI name Got it Love it. GiLI is almost seven years old. Lines come and go I dont think we saw a line to that magnitude skyrocket into a phenom. It was crazy how everything was selling out on her LR show. She literally had no product left.

"Amazing style" and "so gorgeous" are in the eye of the beholder.  Lisa never seemed particularly stylish to me, and I don't think she's at all gorgeous.  She's attractive, but I see pretty women every day who, IMO, are more naturally beautiful.  

Clearly she's a "phenom" in your eyes, but you're presenting your opinions as fact when they are simply your opinions.  (And many of your "facts" are a little wonky too.)

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lisa actually has amazing style and is so gorgeous. This is how GILI was created. Viewers would call in wanting the clothes Lisa was wearing. It was supposed to be create a few pieces and It became a full fledged line. Within a year sales skyrocketed 2000 percent. It was nothing short of a phenom. Lisa helped design all those amazing pieces. Her last motorcycle Jacket she sent back 6 times until it was too her liking. She was a stickler for what she wanted. Also she came up with the GILI name Got it Love it. GiLI is almost seven years old. Lines come and go I dont think we saw a line to that magnitude skyrocket into a phenom. It was crazy how everything was selling out on her LR show. She literally had no product left.

@JONNYSBRO.  I didn’t watch that often but when I did, she always had those long floor duster pants on. Every.Single.Night.

I thought that was all she owned.

@proudlyfromNJ, it's so funny that you say that.  As I was just writing my most recent reply, I was trying to visualize LR on QVC, and I kept coming back to those awful, Gumby pants.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dancer 45 wrote:

Jonnysbro I want you to provide the links so  i can verify the claims you mentioned.  How do you know these things.  Do you work for LR, are you a personal friend, are you a current or former Q employee.  You are making claims and not providing where your information is coming from.  So until you prove the information  is correct i will continue to say the claims are bogus. 

I also find your comment interesting in regard to Joan Rivers and Kathy Levine.  I cannot believe you think a QVC host made Joan Rivers.  Joan was a celebrity very far back, having hosted Johnny Carson's show and a sell out comedian.  I think Joan Rivers made herself.  Also Joan's clothing line and jewelry were both classy and elegant and very on point for the time.  She shared a Chanel like taste in her jackets and her jewelry was very elegant and high dollar looking.  Joan Rivers made herself and I am quiet sure Kathy Levine would dispute your claim 

I completely agree with all of this.  There's a huge amount of exaggeration and unverified info being thrown around.

Re Joan Rivers, I could not agree more.  I've mentioned this before, but I knew her, and I've never seen anyone work harder than she did.  She had a wonderful sense of style, knew how to do the classics and how to be more edgy.  She was extremely hands-on in everything that had her name on it.  And she was very beloved by many, many people for decades.  Although they were wonderful together, I'm sure also that Kathy Levine would not take credit for any part of Joan's success.

(Your post made me tear up a bit.  Joan was one-of-a-kind, a really wonderful person.)

Esteemed Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

I don't think the op gives a hoot about LR but enjoys crafting a post that is guaranteed to bring out mostly the same posters over and over to perform.  The performance usually goes on until in the ultimate act of mercy a moderator shuts it down.  These posters unable to tolerate the possibility that someone has sent out a positive message about LR  must share their wisdom, screen shots and insider knowledge to set things straight.

These posts and the puppets will continue until the puppets figure it out.  

I reply a lot, and I'm not at all a puppet.  I see this for exactly what it is, and it's amusing to me.  I know that other posters feel the same way.  

To each his (or her) own!

Esteemed Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@NYC Susan And some of us don't think we need to explain ourselves. 

Sorry, I'm not sure what this is in reference to.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@NYC Susan.  I don't understand that post or her answer to San Antonio girl. Makes no sense.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@NYC Susan.  I don't understand that post or her answer to San Antonio girl. Makes no sense.

If I knew which one of my replies she was responding to, I could reply back.  :-)

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...