Esteemed Contributor

Re: Raechel McCray could be the next LR

@Dancer 45 wrote:

The majority of self centered/narcissistic women do not grow up when they have children. If they have a daughter, they have to be in constant competition with them.  They dress way too young and sexy for their age.  Pal around with the daughter's friends especially the guys.   If they have a son, they spend their time trying to look sexy in front of the son's friends and certainly don't like the son's girlfriends if she is prettier.   

Yes, that's all true.  But in order to tend to the basic needs of a child (and a baby in particular), a person has to become less self-absorbed.  Sure, there are selfish mothers and mothers who compete with their own kids, and there are terrible mothers.  But the reality is that children need to be fed, changed, etc, and in most cases even extremely self-centered mothers do that.  

I agree that having a child doesn't always result in a parent "growing up".  But self-absorption, by necessity, has to decrease at least a little.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@JasoninBoston wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

You are the only one still grieving over the loss of LR.  You really need to let it go.  

Actually quite a few of us miss really do miss Lisa on the Q!!!

Smiley Happy

Yes, there are many folks that miss LR and wish her the best at her current business.  @stevieb said it well - those who are the most bothered by her continually post negative comments instead of passing up these threads.  If they are that bothered by @JONNYSBRO's posts, why not just ignore them and move on? 

Some of us find these threads to be entertaining

Respected Contributor

I know when I open these threads what I’m going to get—entertainment. I may toss in a comment when my Bacon Strips meter gets filled, but basically it’s interesting to see how the OP’s posts are going to play out. Even the mods are chiming in on this one. Very interesting reading.

Trusted Contributor

What's crazy is how popular and what buzz LR brings. If she ever returned to the Q I think the boards would crash with all the posts.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

@JONNYSBRO Once again, WHY do we "NEED" another Lisa? I never watched her, could care less about her. WHY do you feel the "NEED" to worship Lisa on these forums?

I’m guessing because this is the only place people know who they’re talking about. 

There's plenty others on her FB page.

fb follow.JPG

LR bought most of those FB likes within the past 6 months. Her numbers were stagnant for the longest time and to drum up business she purchased FB likes. She was not knowledgeable with what buying "likes" actually means and didn't realize it creates lots of foreign "new fans" from different countries Lol. It was so funny because that's not what she was going for. You'll see most of them comment on her page now. It was an uproar on her page months ago and LR didn't want fans to know how her numbers increased so quickly but certain fans picked up on it and LR rapidly deleted their inquiries about it. 

I remember that! All those creepy men seemingly from the Middle East posting during her chats.  Yes, some still show up. She blamed it all on an animal video she reposted.  Sure, all those creepy men from the other side of the world all at once decided to follow and comment on her Facebook page simply because they liked an animal video. How gullible does she think people are?  That was so funny.  And even if it were remotely true, she kept reposting more animal videos as if to attract more of those creepy men even though the regular posters complained.  I thought that was a sad way to treat her loyal fans.  Also found the timing interesting. About the same time people were posting here and at PTV that her number of followers had stagnated, she suddenly picked up lots of creepy male followers.

Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

What's crazy is how popular and what buzz LR brings. If she ever returned to the Q I think the boards would crash with all the posts.

You have the greatest sense of humor.  If you really are not a personal friend or co-worker of  LR, then you have an over-the-top vivid imagination.  To expound incessantly about the talents of a sales person is commendable.  Your bombastic praise is endless and as I have previously stated, I look forward to your never ending celebration of all things material. 

Now before this thread is closed like all the others you start, I am hoping the little animal eating popcorn makes an appearance.  I love that one!

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

@JONNYSBRO Once again, WHY do we "NEED" another Lisa? I never watched her, could care less about her. WHY do you feel the "NEED" to worship Lisa on these forums?

I’m guessing because this is the only place people know who they’re talking about. 

fb follow.JPG

LR bought most of those FB likes within the past 6 months. Her numbers were stagnant for the longest time and to drum up business she purchased FB likes. She was not knowledgeable with what buying "likes" actually means and didn't realize it creates lots of foreign "new fans" from different countries Lol. It was so funny because that's not what she was going for. You'll see most of them comment on her page now. It was an uproar on her page months ago and LR didn't want fans to know how her numbers increased so quickly but certain fans picked up on it and LR rapidly deleted their inquiries about it. 

I remember that! All those creepy men seemingly from the Middle East posting during her chats.  Yes, some still show up. She blamed it all on an animal video she reposted.  Sure, all those creepy men from the other side of the world all at once decided to follow and comment on her Facebook page simply because they liked an animal video. How gullible does she think people are?  That was so funny.  And even if it were remotely true, she kept reposting more animal videos as if to attract more of those creepy men even though the regular posters complained.  I thought that was a sad way to treat her loyal fans.  Also found the timing interesting. About the same time people were posting here and at PTV that her number of followers had stagnated, she suddenly picked up lots of creepy male followers.

@wildcat fan  omg - I never heard about that!  I can't stop laughing.  Was the animal video about camels? 

Super Contributor

Lisa Robertson was QVC's puppet for the time she was useful and advantageious for QVC.  She was molded and posed to QVC's advantage.  There is nothing Lisa ever formulated or designed that was originally hers.  It's not like Lisa's closet was the origin of designer items.  She flashed her Louboutin soles but the Q didn't go forward with that.  Those huge handbags that 'needed training' were a shoddy mistake.  Her sense of fashion, or more like her lack of sense, was her undoing.  QVC saw the writing on the wall.  W Mag or NetAPorter, etc., was never a Q arena nor was Lisa ever astute enough to bring that element to the Q.  That was also not Q's demographic.  LR may have talked it, but she did NOT strut it, because it is QVC, not LR, that drew up her personna.  In no way did Lisa ever resemble the high life Jonnysbro alludes to.

Regular Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I think we found our new diva in training in Rachelle. She came from entertainment reporting and her facebook QVC is as already showing poses of trends and styles. I absolutely love this. There is still this void LR left the world of fashion and glamour and Rachelle looks to me like she wants to own it for the camera.

Jonnysbro, I miss Lisa. If the new host that you speak of turns out to be half as good as Lisa was, QVC should consider themselves lucky for bringing her on board. I look forward to seeing her shows. Thanks for the heads-up!

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

fb follow.JPG

People still don't believe she bought a lot of those likes.  After she left QVC and had her own FB page, her likes jumped up so quickly.  She's done it a few times now.  

Sad, really.