Honored Contributor

Re: Rachel keeps using 'jonesing' to describe loving different products.

@KKJ wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Just curious - what was Rachel jonesing?

The food items she was presenting with Alberti during a Gourmet food show the other day.

Might have been the Germack nuts.  She drinks them right from the container.

Respected Contributor

ValuSkr--Too funny!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Thats been a slang term for a very long time.  It means craving for something.  There is no inappropriate meaning to it, so please dont infer there is.

@Imaoldhippie  I agree with you so now that those of you unfamiliar with it have learned a new word and it's meaning, STOP complaining and being offended by it because there is nothing to be offended by!  OK?  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3.. completely agree w/ u..🙂
Respected Contributor

I am really out of date as I had never heard of this word and I very rarely watch this host.   Learning something new every day!

Respected Contributor

I always thought the term "Jonesing" meant to complain about something.   I seem to remember hearing my parents use that expression in describing someone who always griping about something.    Such as Paul is always "Jonesing" about his new neighbors.

I always thought it was an old-fashioned term.  I didn't realize it now means something regarding drug use.     I'm glad I never used the expression.

Respected Contributor

When Rachel and Alberti are on food shows together, it truly is like watching a childrens playground for 3 hours.  Now that they cannot eat the food, the fondling and exaggerative presentations, especially Alberti's drama expressions, is too much to watch...tuned in the other day not knowing they were on air and several minutes before turning off was more than enough.  Unfortunately QVC is relying on a limited number of hosts during this "non-vendor" and "limited staff" time.  I am no fan of either of these hosts and do not watch any show they host! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I rather like Alberti. He's exuberant and has a joie de vivre that's appealing to me.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I rather like Alberti. He's exuberant and has a joie de vivre that's appealing to me.

He seems to be very polarizing. Many like him, others find his giggling and over exuberance fake and annoying.  Much prefer a lower key sales pitch.  Mary Beth, Dan Hughes etc.  Low key and humble midwestern values over the ones trying to be hip.

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean Reever and it's  hard to explain as there are hosts that drive me crazy.  For example, am sure many people like SB but I can't watch her.