Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Rachel & Kerstin--- Give Gorgeous!

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

INSTANT change of channel when they are hosting either together or alone.

OMG, I can't stand to watch either one of them.  Kirsten is so affected with herself and Rachel cannot shut up.  On top of that, neither one knows a thing about cosmetics which was a 3 hour show they hosted!  

Who says they don't know a thing about cosmetics? 

All hosts have been doing their own makeup and hair since the pandemic...and they have access to learn about thousands of products.  That puts them ahead of me and you in the knowledge dept. IMHO.

They both made intelligent comments and asked appropriate questions.

I clicked back to them during every commercial and thought they did a fine job.

Regular Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

OMG, I can't stand to watch either one of them.  Kirsten is so affected with herself and Rachel cannot shut up.  On top of that, neither one knows a thing about cosmetics which was a 3 hour show they hosted!  

All hosts have been doing their own makeup and hair since the pandemic...and they have access to learn about thousands of products.  That puts them ahead of me and you in the knowledge dept. IMHO.

@RespectLife wrote:

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

100%. Both did a great job and looked great doing so. 

Honored Contributor

Although I do think that Rachel is very pretty, I did not like how pink her face looked, it seems like her foundation color wasn't the right shade, her neck appeared a very different color from her face, and too much pink blush and eyeshadow.

She is very pretty though with great skin, I just did not like her makeup application! This happened one other time she hosted a beauty show-she overdid it with the makeup....Her hair highlights are gorgeous!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This one was easy...instant turnoff.  I like Kerstin ONLY by herself, refuse to watch Rachel alone, co-hosting or hosting food shows!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont mind Rachel she's okay except on food shows (shes out of control there) Kerstin's hair and clothing always look very nice but she's a channel changer for me---she talks too fast, she's self focused--always posing and acts silly....................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

Rachel knows nothing about cosmetics nor cosmetic applications.  Did you notice all of the bright pink blush all over her face and eyelids?  I've seen her do makeup with Kim Gravel and it was embarrassing as to what she did not know about application.  As for Kerstin, if you know much about cosmetics you can tell she does not.  She gets by with her confident manner but it not nearly as good as other hosts covering the same kind of products.

Honored Contributor

@Elizabeth03 

Just because that is not how you would wear your makeup....or would apply it to them doesn't mean it is wrong.

It is just YOUR opinion.

I have gone to prof makeup artists that did my face for an event ...that I think is just all wrong and wash my face the second I get home.

Makeup is an artistry.....not a right OR wrong.  They may look at you and think you have no idea what you are doing either.  To each their own.

Super Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Elizabeth03 

Just because that is not how you would wear your makeup....or would apply it to them doesn't mean it is wrong.

It is just YOUR opinion.

I have gone to prof makeup artists that did my face for an event ...that I think is just all wrong and wash my face the second I get home.

Makeup is an artistry.....not a right OR wrong.  They may look at you and think you have no idea what you are doing either.  To each their own.

RespectLife,

I am not basing my opinion on only just what I think.  I am basing it on all of the other professionals that don't do the things a Rachel would do on air. It doesnt make sense, as an example, to put shiny, bright pink shades on your eyelids up to your eyebrows.  Rachel does and looks ridiculous.  That;s not a person who should be hosting a 3 hour cosmetic show.  That's all.  Get someone who understands makeup to do the instruction.  

Respected Contributor

I agree with @RespectLife , it is YOUR opinion. Just because it's not how you apply it doesn't mean it's wrong. I find your comments rather harsh and kinda mean.  How'd you like it if someone said YOU look ridiculous and don't have a clue how to put on makeup because it's not how they do it?

Super Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I agree with @RespectLife , it is YOUR opinion. Just because it's not how you apply it doesn't mean it's wrong. I find your comments rather harsh and kinda mean.  How'd you like it if someone said YOU look ridiculous and don't have a clue how to put on makeup because it's not how they do it?

I wouldnt like it at all.  That's why they should have someone who understands cosmetics to host a 3 hour cosmetic show.  I'm not being mean,just honest.  My comments are not meant to be harsh  I like Cosmetics and enjoy watching the professionals host that kind of programming.