Valued Contributor

Yes, for sure, as for many of the other hosts - don't know who is instructing them, but many are getting almost unbearable, including JRT!  Thank goodness for some of the veteran hosts staying the same, like MBR, PJD.  Love to watch them!

Esteemed Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

I just wish she would stop smashing food with her fingers.  So gross!

----------------

I just wish she would stop presenting food!!  I will not watch a food show if she is presenting... and I used to really enjoy the food shows! She is too loud, too silly and so difficult to watch!!

Trusted Contributor

I remember when she first arrived an liked her.Not the same now,loud,silly an un watchable.

Trusted Contributor

Whatever Rachel wears she looks great in it - she wears her clothes beautifully!

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

In every food show, I just don't understand why Rachel persists in yelling things, and blurting out comments while her co-host is trying to present an item.  This is the #1 most annoying thing she does, in my opinion. 

When David was initially presenting his latest cookbook.  Rachel was substituting in his show for Julia.  But for that one item presentation, Mary Beth Roe was brought in as the host to help present with David.  Rachel starting blurting out ridiculous things off-camera, even pretending to call and order a pizza, loudly!  Both David and Mary Beth were concerned and oblivious to Rachel's antics.  David actually had to stop and ask Rachel if everything was OK.  Rachel laughed and said all the talk of all those recipes made her hungry for a pizza.  How does that even make any sense????  David was visibly upset.

Last night, it happened again with Amy.  Amy was presenting the bagels, while Rachel kept repeating Amy's words off camera.  Blurting them out loudly and incoherently.  Amy was startled and asked her, "What was that?"  Again, Rachel just repeated herself and laughs.

Alberti is the only one who seems to encourage that nonsense.  It's just one of the most bizarre hosting practices on QVC.   

Alberti and Rachael are like a catalyst for each other with their silly, adolescent behavior....food shows with them together are unwatchable!  Alberti admitted while hosting with Kirsten on a Saturday morning that he is an immature child...giggling while saying it... I like Kirsten hosting solo but Saturday morning with Alberti is "anything goes" childs play by both!

@ScarletDove 

Interesting comments because I am in just the opposite camp.....I find Kerstin's self focused primping and posing and fast talking a channel changer for me....When Alberti is SOLO he becomes more focused on the products and does a good job...( BUT I cant watch any of the hosts doing the Gourmet/Holiday Food Shows)

@Spurt  Indeed Kirsten is full of herself but she is fit, healthy, takes care of herself, wears the clothing well and does not have any crazy nail polish or goofy hairstyle...she is easy to take as a host...just my take!

Contributor

Rachel reminds me of a composite of two women I know, neither of whom ranks among my favorite people, so I tend to have an aversion to her.  However, given the choice, I would rather watch Rachel than certain other hosts...Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor
Rachel is far from my favorite but there are worse. Kirsten doesn’t bother me. Not my favorite but I like her and she presents clothing well. She can wear them! I think Kirsten is a nice person.
Occasional Contributor

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.  She is soooo over-powering and AGGRESSIVE!  She's trying to be cutsie now and one of the girls.  I turn her off if she's hosting.  She can stick to food.

Contributor

Rachel and Alberti together are a train wreck that's impossible to watch.

Regular Contributor
Due to inflation, I'm sure "the powers that be" told them all to ramp it up a bit.