Respected Contributor

Re: Rachel Bosing

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

In every food show, I just don't understand why Rachel persists in yelling things, and blurting out comments while her co-host is trying to present an item.  This is the #1 most annoying thing she does, in my opinion. 

When David was initially presenting his latest cookbook.  Rachel was substituting in his show for Julia.  But for that one item presentation, Mary Beth Roe was brought in as the host to help present with David.  Rachel starting blurting out ridiculous things off-camera, even pretending to call and order a pizza, loudly!  Both David and Mary Beth were concerned and oblivious to Rachel's antics.  David actually had to stop and ask Rachel if everything was OK.  Rachel laughed and said all the talk of all those recipes made her hungry for a pizza.  How does that even make any sense????  David was visibly upset.

Last night, it happened again with Amy.  Amy was presenting the bagels, while Rachel kept repeating Amy's words off camera.  Blurting them out loudly and incoherently.  Amy was startled and asked her, "What was that?"  Again, Rachel just repeated herself and laughs.

Alberti is the only one who seems to encourage that nonsense.  It's just one of the most bizarre hosting practices on QVC.   

Alberti and Rachael are like a catalyst for each other with their silly, adolescent behavior....food shows with them together are unwatchable!  Alberti admitted while hosting with Kirsten on a Saturday morning that he is an immature child...giggling while saying it... I like Kirsten hosting solo but Saturday morning with Alberti is "anything goes" childs play by both!

Super Contributor

Super Contributor
I enjoy watching Rachel to see what clothing she has on and if they are sold on QVC. I enjoy her more on the fashion shows then the food. She does talk fast and loud but I think there are a couple of other hosts that are in that same category Amy, Sandra and Courtney talk so fast they should be auctioneers. I realize there is a short amount of time they have to talk about items but they do talk fast and loud as does Rachel. I wish there was less chit chat about their kids or their animals or their personal vacation and more about the products being sold.
Frequent Contributor

She is one of the many hosts I have moved over into the category of unwatchable.  "P.S. and By the Way!"  I like the more calm host presentations, Jayne, Mary Beth, Pat, the new host Vanessa is fantastic IMO.  Not liking the new style of manic, chatty, loud presentations.  Do most of my buying online after all these years.

Valued Contributor

@Litlbitcountry I like Vanessa Herring, too. She has such a beautiful speaking voice and a very calm demeanor. I wish she would host more fashion programs on QVC. 

Trusted Contributor
I've never found Rachel to be genuine she just comes across as A say anything to make a sale type.
I don't care for her presenting fashions, because I don't think she has enough knowledge to explain things well. I like Jane Brown doing fashion because she has the background and knows what she's talking about
Occasional Contributor

This lady is a fantastic host. When I have been interested to purchase items and she is host, Rachel always explain items in excellent detail. I also love her laugh.

Occasional Contributor

Bluh bluh

Regular Contributor

I agree! Rachel is FANTASTIC! I especially love seeing her on Saturday nights w/ Kim G.!HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: Rachel Bosing

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

In every food show, I just don't understand why Rachel persists in yelling things, and blurting out comments while her co-host is trying to present an item.  This is the #1 most annoying thing she does, in my opinion. 

When David was initially presenting his latest cookbook.  Rachel was substituting in his show for Julia.  But for that one item presentation, Mary Beth Roe was brought in as the host to help present with David.  Rachel starting blurting out ridiculous things off-camera, even pretending to call and order a pizza, loudly!  Both David and Mary Beth were concerned and oblivious to Rachel's antics.  David actually had to stop and ask Rachel if everything was OK.  Rachel laughed and said all the talk of all those recipes made her hungry for a pizza.  How does that even make any sense????  David was visibly upset.

Last night, it happened again with Amy.  Amy was presenting the bagels, while Rachel kept repeating Amy's words off camera.  Blurting them out loudly and incoherently.  Amy was startled and asked her, "What was that?"  Again, Rachel just repeated herself and laughs.

Alberti is the only one who seems to encourage that nonsense.  It's just one of the most bizarre hosting practices on QVC.   

Alberti and Rachael are like a catalyst for each other with their silly, adolescent behavior....food shows with them together are unwatchable!  Alberti admitted while hosting with Kirsten on a Saturday morning that he is an immature child...giggling while saying it... I like Kirsten hosting solo but Saturday morning with Alberti is "anything goes" childs play by both!

@ScarletDove 

Interesting comments because I am in just the opposite camp.....I find Kerstin's self focused primping and posing and fast talking a channel changer for me....When Alberti is SOLO he becomes more focused on the products and does a good job...( BUT I cant watch any of the hosts doing the Gourmet/Holiday Food Shows)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”