Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   I like Rachel because she almost always feels real to me, not always forcing her enthusiasm to match that of another host with whom she has been paired.

I believe she could do a very graceful job with whatever she was asked to sell,  but I wonder if she has a whole lot of interest in jewelry.  I like her appearance and cannot remember ever paying any attention to her jewelry or even her lack of it

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   I like Rachel because she almost always feels real to me, not always forcing her enthusiasm to match that of another host with whom she has been paired.

I believe she could do a very graceful job with whatever she was asked to sell,  but I wonder if she has a whole lot of interest in jewelry.  I like her appearance and cannot remember ever paying any attention to her jewelry or even her lack of it

@millieshops   I see what you're saying.  But I don't think the hosts have the autonomy to pick & choose the shows they like the best.  Rachel has been at QVC for many years now.  QVC would absolutely know if she is a great seller of jewelry or high-end fashion.  How about beauty products?  Not many shows for her there as well, even though Rachel is quite beautiful.  

Esteemed Contributor

Rachel wears clothes well and has a wonderful vocabulary,  But I don't watch her shows, especially when she is paired with someone else.  She is too loud and tries to be funny!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   I think that QVC does try to pair their hosts most often with the kinds of products where they are most comfortable, where their enthusiasm feels close to real.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops   I agree, there's hopefully some choice and comfort consideration given to the host.  But not to the degree that a host is able to completely avoid certain genres because they simply aren't into it.  Just my opinion, since I don't work there.

Honored Contributor

Rachel does a great job especially with fashion, she's professional and well prepared.....  The only shows I dont enjoy her as a host are the food shows....sometimes when she's paired with others the show sometimes gets a bit silly...but otherwise a good host

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

I totally agree!  I was watching a show she did yesterday - and she kept on track, never missed a beat, wasn't loud and obnoxious and I was sooo impressed.  I have seen her before many times, but I just thought she was terrific.

Respected Contributor

She is lovely

Honored Contributor

Re: Rachel Boesing- QVC

[ Edited ]

I like Rachel, she does a good job with Fashion and also I like her with Food Shows, just not paired up with Alberti, but I think with a different host or by herself she is fine! I think she does a good job with The Home Shows as well. I have never seen her host a makeup/skincare show-it's probably not a favorite of hers.....Last night she did a Food Show for 4 hours with Jayne Brown, and she was fine!  They both did a very good job.....Rachel has beautiful skin as well, just flawless!

Honored Contributor

I wanted to come back to say I watched Rachel subbing for Jane Treacy in last night's Shoe Shopping with Jane show last night.  Except for a quite a few color mix-ups (which any host can have), I thought Rachel was marvelous!  

She stayed on point, gave all the relevant information, and had fun.  I enjoyed her show last night very much!