Regular Contributor

RS Advent Calendar - What Happened?

What a screw up by QVC. People who ordered the Russell Stover Advent Calender for their families are not getting them. There will be many sad children out there.. Curious as to what happened. My wife ordered two advent calenders for our grand children and finally realized that the order will not be fulfilled - or not arrive by Dec.1st. Then the ordered was finally cancelled. She quickly went on the Russel Stover website and ordered them and they shipped! They are now sold out.

Whats going on QVC?

Respected Contributor

Re: RS Advent Calendar - What Happened?

@StopTalking wrote:

Whats going on QVC?

inability, incompetence, awkwardness, ineptness, clumsiness, stupidity, ungracefulness, foolishness, folly, silliness, idiocy, brainlessness, senselessness, irresponsibility, injudiciousness, ineptitude, inaneness, inanity, irrationality, absurdity, ludicrousness, ridiculousness, fatuousness, fatuity, asininity, pointlessness, meaninglessness, futility, fruitlessness, madness, insanity, lunacy

Honored Contributor

@StopTalking I can think of only 2 possibilities -  maybe QVC fouled up or maybe Russell Stover kept the calendars to sell themselves when they couldn’t source enough of them to fill their contract with QVC.

We are unlikely ever to know.  Glad you got the end of Stover’s supply

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised.  Anything that ships from a vendor is extremely slow.  Some of it is due to covid staff cuts and state closures and I am patient for that.  There were some vendors who were slow before covid too.   

IMO, I'd never order from Q for Advent, Christmas, Hanukkah, or other holiday less than 4-6 weeks ahead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It sounds like a wonderful gift - a piece of Russell Stover chocolate candy for every day in Advent!

Respected Contributor

@banned again   Tell us how you really feel!!!

BTW, your post was spot on.

Honored Contributor

They have some shipping and inventory problems.  In today's world we are lucky to have utilities and food and I don't see it getting better really soon.

While anything QVC sells may be missed, we have more to be happy about and it is a good teaching time for kids to learn that not all things pan out like we would like, so how to go on, make life  better and deal with disappointment. 

Lately, I think we all have learned how vital this skill is.  Unfortunately. 

Honored Contributor

@StopTalking.  Do you think a booming voice will come out of the heavens to tell you what happened?  Hate to disappoint, but you'll never know.  These are uncertain times and stuff happens.  Best to have a Plan B.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@banned again   Tell us how you really feel!!!

BTW, your post was spot on.

@coffee drinker.  Makes you wonder why some people are still here, doesn't it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Try Bissingers candy