Honored Contributor

Tough skin or not, yesterday was brutal for me no matter which forum I was posting on. It seemed the “nasties” were out in full force and I finally signed out. 

I asked the mods to delete my “Truthful Post” thread because it became a personal attack on me and others here. 

I’m really disappointed in the lack of the ability to accept various opinions without criticism. Maybe that’s something we can all work on for the new year.

Shanus

Trusted Contributor

Re: ROUGH DAY HERE YESTERDAY

@Shanus  Why can't everyone just.............

thARB6PLRD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Sorry this happened to you.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus............I totally agree, I have found that it has been the last couple of weeks the snarkers have been out in full force.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I am sorry Shanus. I always thought you had a good head on your shoulders and look for your blue ink. I read it yesterday and did give it some thought especially the XXS when I wonder when  even many the hosts say that. They say the average is a size 14 right?

Sometimes I don't go back to see comments as take it or leave it my opinion. Something seems to hit a nerve with someone these days. In a few days you will feel better. Someone seems to always take issue.  Can't please everyone. I would do the same just remove it as gets to be fuel for a fire when not meant to be. I enjoy your posts.

Honored Contributor

I hear about the Christmas Spirit, but it doesn’t seem to alive and well here. 

Certainly not complaining just for myself, I feel badly when I read others being crushed to the ground, as well.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Tough skin or not, yesterday was brutal for me no matter which forum I was posting on. It seemed the “nasties” were out in full force and I finally signed out. 

I asked the mods to delete my “Truthful Post” thread because it became a personal attack on me and others here. 

I’m really disappointed in the lack of the ability to accept various opinions without criticism. Maybe that’s something we can all work on for the new year.

Shanus

@Shanus Mon amie, so very sorry this happened.  I didn't see it (no doubt out on a "sound bar" buying adventure...don't ask...giggles), otherwise I would have attempted to interject some kindness.  I wish the world could realize we are all in this together, but that's not possible at the moment.  Hang in there and go to your pretty place (hint: think Paris)!  And if all else fails, my best southern gent and I have a saying, "Send Booze"!  Giggles.

Honored Contributor

Shanus,

I am sorry, too, that you experienced the cruelty that somehow manages to make its way onto this forum.

If it helps, you might try what I try (sometimes unsucessfully, I might add).  Before I allow myself to post something, I picture the audience.  Yes, for the most part, those who read and post are what you would imagine:  mature, considerate and balanced individuals.  Basically wholesome types that you would enjoy as a neighbor. 

HOWEVER, as you, I and many others have realized, there is an equivalent of a sociopathic hermit sitting out there ready to respond to you with a bitterness and anger that has simmered for a decade or two.  The response is meant to make you feel as small and unimportant as this sad person feels.  They are there; we cannot help them; but it is best to try to avoid them.  ...if you can.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I am sorry Shanus. I always thought you had a good head on your shoulders and look for your blue ink. I read it yesterday and did give it some thought especially the XXS when I wonder when  even many the hosts say that. They say the average is a size 14 right?

Sometimes I don't go back to see comments as take it or leave it my opinion. Something seems to hit a nerve with someone these days. In a few days you will feel better. Someone seems to always take issue.  Can't please everyone. I would do the same just remove it as gets to be fuel for a fire when not meant to be. I enjoy your posts.

Appreciate the kind words @Gorgf. I may have to switch to green print so folks are not on the lookout for my posts. 😜

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Shanus,

I am sorry, too, that you experienced the cruelty that somehow manages to make its way onto this forum.

If it helps, you might try what I try (sometimes unsucessfully, I might add).  Before I allow myself to post something, I picture the audience.  Yes, for the most part, those who read and post are what you would imagine:  mature, considerate and balanced individuals.  Basically wholesome types that you would enjoy as a neighbor. 

HOWEVER, as you, I and many others have realized, there is an equivalent of a sociopathic hermit sitting out there ready to respond to you with a bitterness and anger that has simmered for a decade or two.  The response is meant to make you feel as small and unimportant as this sad person feels.  They are there; we cannot help them; but it is best to try to avoid them.  ...if you can.

@golding76  I totally get your reply, but if we all begin to censor our posts to avoid the snarky ones, are we still able to voice our opinions or are we just posting meaningless drivel?