Valued Contributor

Not only do I occasionally receive 2 items in one package/2 shipping charges, but 2 items I bought earlier this year now have $5.50 shipping where they originally were $5.00. When I went to the post office earlier this month (Oct. 2016), I asked if shipping charges had increased this year. The postal employee said they hadn't. 

Now let's look at "the Southern channel," as some refer to it. Today I received a $10 off coupon from them, the 3rd I received this year. The last few items ordered from them were free shipping, e.g. a pair of mocassins, some Serious Skincare and vitamins. Free shipping and $10 off? QVC is definitely going the opposite way. Oh, well, just a different business paradigm for their marketing experts.

Contributor

Well, QVC also has accounts with UPS and USPS and with the amount of packages sent out they get a 'deep' discount on shipping charges so it costs them nowhere near the same amount to ship as you would pay taking it to the post office or ups. By the time you pay the initial shipping charge, if you return an item you not only lose that charge but also have to pay the $6.95 or higher return fee for using their label (which is always through usps instead of ups) so it takes forever for it to reach them and then another forever for them to put through the credit.  Their packaging has also gotten pretty bad (and cheap) and half the time the box is crushed and coming apart.  There are other home shopping networks that have better prices on shipping, many times it is free shipping and the easy pays are better (they have more pays and on almost everything). Just saying.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

My only beef with their shipping is when you buy multiples of the same thing and are charged shipping on each one.

Yes.  Which was the whole point in setting those lower S&H prices.  If they are increasing, they need to go back to multiple shipping pricing.  Looks like they want to test the market on this first.