Respected Contributor

Re: RISING PRICES

[ Edited ]

Well, I am in the minority.  I enjoy the convenience of seeing the item on air, hearing about it, seeing it on the models, getting my size in the color I want, having it delivered.  I wear Petite and they are often hard to find in TJMaxx or Marshalls, etc.  Then, if I do find my size its a matter of do I like the color or fit?  I have found my size on qvc for the most part and I enjoy picking my size in a color of my choice.  And I know lthe disigners I like and how they fit. Once in a while I have a return, but not that often.  I will occasionally pick something up in brick or mortar if the price is right, the fit is right, and I like it.  I may be paying a little more than those stores, yes, but I am retired and don't need a lot of clothes anymore so qvc works for me. Are some prices on things outrageious, for me yes so l don't buy anything I think is way overpriced. If I like something overpriced in my opinion, I put it on my wishlist and wait for a price drop.   

Trusted Contributor

I just bought  A391208 an ahdorned large faux leather crossbody in light blue at Marshalls today for $29.99. The QVC price is $75 + tax and shipping.

Respected Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

I just bought  A391208 an ahdorned large faux leather crossbody in light blue at Marshalls today for $29.99. The QVC price is $75 + tax and shipping.

@layla2450 , and according to the description, it's on "clearance sales price".  Congratulations on your find and enjoy!

Valued Contributor

It's always a happy time when I can find Q stuff on eBay for a fraction of what they charge here. Yesterday I picked up 2 pair of favorite Denim & Co French terry joggers (A378199) for the grand total of $38 dollars, including shipping. QVC price is $42.98 each plus the $3.50 shipping. Not all Q merchandise is marked so much lower on eBay, but I've found it's often worth the small effort it takes to check there, especially for clothing that's been offered here for a while. QVC really, really hates to ever lower prices on anything.

I always chuckle when a host says something is clearance priced, no reorder and they need to clear the warehouse for new items coming in.  They have no idea of clearance pricing.

Honored Contributor

@born2runqt wrote:
It seems all the popular designers are pricing themselves right outta here ... Isaac, Susan Graver, Kim Gravel. C'mon guys ... 75 bucks for a little poly top? You can do better than this! Your QCard charges 32% interest, and shipping and returns cost 6-8 bucks each way. QVC, you're making it harder for your population to buy. HSN is a little better. Bring in free shipping and returns and lower that QCard interest ... uh ... while yer at it, bring back cotton. It's so unfair all the way around!

@born2runqt - QVC doesn't set the credit card interest rate.  The bank does.  If you don't carry a balance, there is no interest at all.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I think QVC is in the business of selling credit.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Trusted Contributor
Prices are ridiculous right now. I can't imagine paying 70+ dollars for a simple T-shirt dress. I don't know what's going on with QVC thinking that we are going to pay those prices. I don't see any sellouts or reviews on these items, so my guess is that people are not buying.
Esteemed Contributor

HSN has very good sales; however, the Q not so much. When the Q has a sale, they bring the price down to what it actually should be, not much of a sale. 

Even when the merchandise has little left or many broken sizes, they STILL want every dime they can get. Since they don't put a good sale price, that's why you see goods returning and returning. I see this especially with Kim Gravelle and Isaac's things. 

I always remember a Susan Graver coat with a ratty faux collar on sale. Sale price not good, and they kept bringing out, taking back and bringing out again and again. 

If you put something on sale, make it at least desirable instead of squeezing every dime you can out of it.

Trusted Contributor
Febe 1. Oh my gosh, I remember that coat! It had horrible reviews, and people said it looked like roadkill! They kept Presenting that coat like a dog with a bone!
Susan raved on and on about how beautiful it was blah blah blah, and the bad reviews just kept pouring in. That was the strangest thing.
Valued Contributor

@Suxela wrote:

I try to shop only when it's free shipping.  I still don't get why they charge for every piece when it ships to  the same address! That can get especially pricy now that it's $5.50 per item.

I shop at Chico's and when you to a certain level it's alway free shipping and bonuses.  I recently got $45.00 off total purchase and free shipping.

Yes, but you have to remember that "Shipping Price" is also for "Handling" - someone to package your 2 or 3 items into one bag to go to your address.