Occasional Contributor

RETURN COSTS AS MUCH AS FIRST PAYMENT?

Beware! I purchased a phone when recieved I didnt like it at all. What have you got to lose????? How about $17.40!!!!! This was the shipping cost to send back a phone! I did call CS to make sure I wasnt nuts but sure enough....$17.40 is correct. Cut the card up deleted the app....DONE!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: RETURN COSTS AS MUCH AS FIRST PAYMENT?

I  understand what you are saying but with any mail order business it is buyer beware.  

The shipping on this item was close to 15.00 which is crazy. There are a lot of other oprions out there with FREE shipping. Contact a cell carrier and not a third party.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Occasional Contributor

You are right it is buyer beware, I just got caught up with presentation and when host says "get it home, try it, if your not happy send it back...youve got nothing to lose" To me that is almost false advertising and they shouldnt say it that way. Oh well lesson learned. Unfortunately they lost a loyal customer and many friends and family too.

Honored Contributor

OK now I'm confused--did you use the Q return  shipping label? They are  usually $8 for things under 4 pounds, I think, which is still outrageous.  I always check with UPS or USPS even Fed Ex  to see the price range. Man alive, I am way more careful now, about what I order anymore from any shopping channel because of the return costs. Been burned too many times, so I feel your pain.

Occasional Contributor

I did use return Q label, which was $6.95. I also paid the shipping when ordered it which was $10.95. My first easypay would have been $37 and change. I was only credited for $20! Ends up costing total of $17 to check it out...when I "had nothing to lose" Im very frustrated to say the least.

Esteemed Contributor

I can no longer buy shoes from the Q as it costs $12. to try them on.. I could take the $5. S&H, if I could count on any brand being consistent on sizing, but you can't.

On products that I'm not sure of, I might purchase if it is free S&H, and I will take that loss if I really want it.

I've not kept anything I don't want b/c it's such a loss so I'll just go ahead and keep it. I return b/c I don't want it just hanging in my closet or giving away immediately; I'd rather just take the loss. I have too many items in my close I wonder what was I thinking when I kept that. No longer. Eventually, you figure out the old saying about "when you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results, it's insanity."

Trusted Contributor

What I try and do, is return as many things in one package as possible. OF COURSE, I tape each item and enclose their return label inside the ORIGINAL package, and I also highight the order number and write my instructions in large magic markers.

I think that saves the return costs if you put more in one package.  I hope I'm not misunderstanding the process.

I realy try and do this with clothes.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

Return cost keeps me from buying more than I do. I have to be quite sure it is a keeper.

Esteemed Contributor

Shipping is a big profit center for QVC, they make a lot of money on shipping. QVC charging the customer $10-12 dollars to ship a pair of shoes is expensive for the customer. In the U.S. you have so many choices of where to shop so it pays to use google to find your best deals.

Honored Contributor

@happyhands wrote:

I did use return Q label, which was $6.95. I also paid the shipping when ordered it which was $10.95. My first easypay would have been $37 and change. I was only credited for $20! Ends up costing total of $17 to check it out...when I "had nothing to lose" Im very frustrated to say the least.

@happyhands,Sorry you were upset.  I've ordered from a number of places and never had shipping refunded.  Why did you expect shipping to be refunded?