Esteemed Contributor

Re: REALLY QVC ENOUGH OF THOSE BAGS!!!

@Spurt

I refuse to watch any CIJ shows on any shopping channel. I don't need to be reminded that it's "only" 5 more months until Christmas. The funny thing is that I have a young relative whose birthday is July 26 so in order to remember it I think of July 26th as Boxing Day in July.

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CaliKat wrote:

Let me preface this by saying, I love QVC. I've been shopping with them for nearly 30 years. But I must agree with others, that their selection and quality of Christmas decorations is not as good as they were years ago. And the quality control is sorely lacking. Too many items arrive damaged or defective.

But getting back to the OP's point. Where's the variety? They don't even offer different kinds of gift bags. They used to have some good quality paper gift bags, with tissue paper. Now, they're all these mylar bags with draw string ties.

Plus, not everyone wants to "wrap" all their gifts in a bag. Whatever happened to gift wrapping paper and boxes. QVC used to sell different kinds of gift wrap assortments.

They even sold "Gift-Wrap-In-A-Snap". These were various sized boxes, that came with pre-cut paper, that you didn't even need scotch tape to wrap your present. Everything you needed was included.

Okay, rant over.

@CaliKat

Yes I bought those "gift wrap in a snap" with the pre-cut paper and boxes---those were fantastic!!!  

Gift bags may work for some gifts, but for a more elegant presentation or a special gift for a special someone, it requires a bit more...JMHO

And I concur about the quality from home decor to clothing Ive reduced my shopping because of returns and am very selective what I buy anmore at QVC 

@Spurt

I agree with you on all points!  

I wish they would bring back the Gift-Wrap-In-A-Snap. 

Honored Contributor

Two years ago I purchased four Flash Pads for my mom & her friends at her senior citizen center.  They loved them!  Then the batteries ran down.  None of them had any incentive to buy new batteries to start playing again.  Switched back to their lovely quilts and painting.

Those gift bags are definitely not going away.  The set they are selling now will soon give way to a new packaged set they will bring out for the real Christmas push. Get ready! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

It's not that I don't like those bags.  I do.  I bought them last year (in November) and they were great.  I have some left over for this year too.  I'm sure the Flashpad is fun for all.  It's just Christmas in July.  Ugh.  I don't want to even think about Christmas and all the stress that goes with it until November and December.  I hate that local retail stores and shopping channels cram Christmas down our throats starting in hot summer.  I want to enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving before thinking about Christmas.  Just my opinion.

(and to anyone who wants to suggest that I change the channel, I already did)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I enjoy CIJ (well SOME of it anyway)....but REPETITION must be QVC's and buyers/programmers favorite words...........

Just when you thought you had ENOUGH of those darn gift bags with their what seemed liike a zillion LENGTHY presentations the week before last.......they bring them back again for an encore performance!!!!  They've been on so much I could give the presentation!!!  ---  animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif  And YES I did find something else to do when I saw them on....What I don't understand is QVC rushes Harry Slatkin during the presentations of his 3 wick candles and his new figurals........but we get yet ANOTHER presentation on those darn bags!!!!

And while I'm at it....how many Christmas trees does QVC need to present---the BL Micro Light trees, the Hallmark trees,  Santa's Best trees, the ED tree, and Valerie Parr Hill trees....but of course they are classified as "new" even though basically it's the same BORING presentation.......I think there are other customers that would like to see more VARIETY QVC...........you can look it up in a dictionary QVC since you've forgotten what the word means.....you bring us "new" products but many are THE SAME!!!......meanwhile I think I'll turn off the TV, put my credit card away and tackle some household chores before I fall asleep from boredom, too bad QVC doesn't make the CIJ event really unique and spend time on products that are truly new!  And no the former magnetic blocks that now click into place don't count as "new" either....................

cat-nap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Even though we don't celebrate Christmas, both kids married Christian spouses.  We purchased a small QVC tree & decorated it w/ Hanukkah ornaments. We've kept the tradition each year to be sure our in laws visiting at Thanksgiving and over the holidays felt welcome and in their holiday spirit since not home w/ their own decor. Our grandchildren enjoy making Hanukkah decorations and adding them each year w/ their name/date.

That being said, @Spurt, ITA, there is way too much emphasis on CIJ and especially the retail end of 

it. That's not what I've learned to be the true meaning of the Holiday. 

Regular Contributor

Perfect !!  A great laugh for the morning !!

Respected Contributor

I have seen some comments about the CIJ items being reworks of previous offerings, but I thought the quality, design, and decor choices were pretty good this year so far. I watch VPH and Jill's shows to get inspiration for using my decor in new ways. It's refreshing too to see decor offered without glitter and batteries, so they listened to some of the suggestions from the boards or maybe Facebook comments (Jill mentioned that in her show yesterday without specifying). I wonder if Facebook comments/suggestions get more attention than the threads on this forum.

About those bags...they must have bought hundreds of thousands of sets. Seriously. That's a lot to unload. I bought some the first year they were offered, and they are convenient, but a number of them were defective, so I didn't buy more.

Super Contributor

I love QVC but they beat the proverbial horse with certain things.  For example Christmas shows will always have Poo Pourri, those gift bags, and Philosophy gels without fail.  I also hate how certain TSVs they will use 50% or even more of a DAY'S programming covering that one item.  Amazon echo and dot come to mind and Dyson.  I especially hate when during In The Kitchen With David they take 20-30 minutes to cover something like the Amazon Echo or a laptop.  Sheesh is nothing sacred? lol

Super Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

I've gotta agree with you, @Spurt.  I flipped over to QVC early this morning, saw Christmas decor, and immeditely turned off the TV and haven't had it on since.  I got busy cleaning house, and I'll tell you what I learned:   It's more fun scrubbing gunk off bathroom tiles than it is watching CIJ.

@tototwo

HI TOTOTWO! I wouldnt go quite as far as you, there are a FEW enjoyable shows I watch, but its mostly the same stuff they've had for a few years....LOL!!!  And sad isn't it when we consider cleaning our bathrooms more enjoyable than watching what QVC is showing.....LOL!

I like CIJ but yeah there are too many repeats.  Bring on the new.  Just wait til the gift shows start and we get bombarded by flashlights and sets of pens!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt, doesn't Temptations also offer a x-mas tree?  LOL