Valued Contributor

I'm wary now of ordering anything on Auto Delivery.  Although QVC has a tagline of "Auto Delivery - always get your item again" or something to that effect, to me it's bordering on false advertising.  CAUTION: There's NO real guarantee!

I've had several beauty items which I LOVED and needed more of (as promised by the Auto-Delivery schedule) just disappear into thin air, without much advance notice to me!  Customer Service emailed me a stock 'sorry but...we can't keep our promise" on items I'd bought with the express purpose of getting regular shipments, with original price and/or easy payments AS PROMOTED AND PROMISED.  WHAT????? are they serious?

When I am treated this way as a regular ($$$) customer I expect MORE from the Seller.  That's reasonable, right? I expect at least an adherence to terms of our sales agreement; I'm sure if I were to make payment changes with little notice, and Seller was 'inconvenienced', I'd never hear the end of it.  I'd be cancelled as a client, probably.

A Seller playing fast and loose with written or verbal adverts or terms is doomed to lose customers, therefore REVENUE.  QVC would be well-advised to adhere to their own marketing terminology and tactics designed to make a sale.

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND TO SMACK ONE IN THE HEAD.

Honored Contributor

@BSurLife65.  Has it occured to you that perhaps the product becomes unavailable?  QVC makes money selling things so it's certainly to their advantage to continue with an AD program if at all possible.  Over time, many things can change to make the continuation of the AD impossible or impractical.  Unfortunately we never know the full story.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've had AD's last for several years when they came without a limit and then disappear.  Not a problem from my point of view because they were a good deal while I had them. 

I don't care whether the ending comes because the vendor company stopped producing the item, raised the price on the item, etc.  I had my time and now I get to try something new.  That's my take on AD which I virtually always accept for any product that's a good buy -  I don't see how I can ever lose.  I got a good price to begin with and I can cancel whenever I want to.  That's the only guarantee I want, not that QVC become one of those companies that bills me ad infinitum because cancelling is impossible.

Esteemed Contributor

@BSurLife65  In life, there really are no guarantees.  I do not believe that the Q is deceiving.  Sometimes the vendor no longer makes the product available, sometimes there is just not enough stock.  Whatever the case for the Q, I have been in too many stores where I was looking for a product that they always carry, and one day they no longer do so.   That is not playing fast and loose.  I really do not understand what product the Q could carry that when not offered could cause distress.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I take umbrage at your use of the word,"promises".

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Occasional Contributor

I had a Serious Skincare item on HSN (auto delivery) for years, I never had to renew, there was no "end" date,  I believe the price was the same. I did have the option to cancel a auto delivery date if needed. Then, I saw "Jennifer", the brand founder on Evine, selling the same items and I believe the exact brand name. . What????

I checked HSN and did a search and received "not found". No fingerprints, absolutely no trace of the Serious Skincare brand. I Googled a moment ago and see messages dating back to June 2018 that this brand was leaving HSN. i guess I was asleep.

I went online and ordered Serious Skincare on the Evine auto-delivery. And, yes, the S&H is more expensive.

I think with all the channels are fighting for a buck, there is a lot of movement:

"I will trade you the Beekman brand for ther Serious Skincare brand".IPersonally, I think that Evine was the winner.

The thing that puzzles me is that I would think the brands had a "non compete" clause in their contracts. I know that some employees in a particular field (medical device for example) are often are required to sign same. This does not appear to be the case with the brands switching from Evine to HSN, and now the Q, repeat, etc.. (both the Q and HSN are joined now).

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP that it is a bit annoying.  I was on auto delivery for some Dr. Denese products that I really liked.  Out of the blue my auto delivery was cancelled by QVC when I had two shipments to go.  It was a bundle of either two or three products together.  Yet, those same products were still available and sold on QVC.  So why was my auto delivery cancelled?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Re: RE: PROMISES NOT KEPT

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl  I agree with you, there are no implied guarantees by a seller to continue to stock an item; they usually don't care for many reasons unless they cater to particular customers.  

However, QVC itself boasts how convenient the Auto Delivery feature is, right on their home page.  Take a look.  If you watch their live or recorded presentations you'll always hear about an Auto Delivery option and it's very specific as to price, frequency, easy pay, etc.  I see the Delivery schedule clearly in my Order Status.  It works out for me about 70% of the time. (not good enough!). All the Hosts extol the benefits of ordering certain items on A-D ("even if you later choose to end the A-D") because "You'll lock in the price, the easy pay and REGULAR DELIVERY which you can modify easily ....."  EVERY TIME they say this so the Auto Delivery is a huge sales tactic; WHAT COULD GO WRONG? 

I happen to need and use certain items offered on A-D, I use the easy pay for budget convenience, and  for as long a time as OFFERRED by QVC.  That's my choice and QVC offers me that choice.  I needn't justify this to anyone.

If QVC won't or can't keep their end of the bargain THEY SHOULDN'T ADVERTISE OR OFFER IT TO BEGIN WITH.  It sounds like you didn't quite understand the point I am making.  It's called an "AGREEMENT" between one or more parties and it's all described on QVC.  It's complicated so I get why you don't grasp the intent and meaning of my point.

That's all I'm sayin.......

Valued Contributor

@Puppy Lips  My Friend --- that is MORE than annoying!  I've had the same happen to me, and with the product Kits that are SUCH A DEAL.  I hope you found someone at Customer Service Supervisor Dept. to at least lodge your complaint, especially since they still offer the same items.  

This IS called False Advertising at the very least; it's your money, you were promised (verbally and in writing) a certain product at a certain price for a specific 'Auto Delivery' schedule.  Did QVC ask you if you wanted to cancel? Did QVC offer a substitution so you wouldn't be inconvenienced? Did QVC offer you ANYTHING to compensate for their errors?  Would you ever treat a client or friend or anyone that way? I think it's a big deal to break an Agreement or a Promise unless there's a drastic situation which prevented one party from performing their agreement.  What happens to US if we don't pay our utility or water bill, or our mortgage? Big Trouble.

Maybe we who have issues like these need to send letters to the top Corporate officers (whomever they might be at this juncture);  if big companies want our money and business and customer goodwill they need to earn all of it.  I'm cutting back on my QVC shopping because the Customer Service is not good enough for me; I don't like being misled, misinformed or lied to. Gone are the days of Quality Value and CONVENIENCE.

I've recently had some other negative issues with the Q and they've piled up with NO Customer Care to compensate.  COLD. I read many other posts from customers who are more dissatisfied than I am; I get better CS from bigger online retailers so QVC may have grown too big for its low-style Britches.

Valued Contributor

Re: RE: PROMISES NOT KEPT

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  As I've already pointed out several times here, the Auto Delivery, Easy Pay, etc, were NOT my idea.  QVC came up with these offers, they use them to entice customers, they misstate the Terms and Conditions (from what I can tell) and then unilaterally decide to renege on their promise to deliver.  Once is annoying; 5 times is unacceptable and could be considered false advertising and breach of promise. QVC had better tread lightly with their 'promises'; they could end up with a Class Action Suit.  There are books of Business Laws which cover every aspect of buying and selling, QVC doesn't get a 'pass' so don't minimize what QVC is doing outside of its duty to perform. It's not the local dimestore....we know exactly what it is.

You made a promise to perform at your job -- what happens if you decide NOT to perform? You made a promise to pay your mortgage, light bill, credit card bill, car payment, etc.  What happens IF or WHEN you won't or can't keep your promise?  The road goes both ways, as my Mother taught me.