Frequent Contributor

$99.00 for 6 frozen food dinners??? They (QVC) are completely out of touch!

Honored Contributor

Re: R they kidding?

[ Edited ]

Considering you would not have to cook or have much to clean up that is not that much per meal!!  That is under $20 for a great meal with no fuss!  I pay much more than that going out or for takeout!  Just buying hamburg, hamburg helper, (one box not even enough for 2 people and maybe vegetables - especially making fresh roasted vegetables costs nearly just as much or more for even 2 people - plus hamburg helper is yucky!!  So definitely not out of touch.  I do not know what OP eats but good food to buy and make at home does not come cheap!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't buy it, but if you took six people out to eat in a chain restaurant or for fast food, the bill would be about the same and if you had it delivered, it would be an additional amount.

If you want convenience, you will pay for it.  I guess Lean Cuisine would be a more affordable option and it is still available if people choose that route.

There is something out there for everyone at all different price points.

Honored Contributor

@JJK1954 wrote:

Completely out of touch with what?  People buy them.  Price choices for everything and anything can be found to one's liking.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJK1954 wrote:

$99 for these meals is a LOL. Pasta DOESN'T freeze well, so the pasta will be MUSHY. LOOK at the nutritional chart. ALL of the meals are REALLY HIGH in FAT and SODIUM. I can make the EXACT meals HEALTHY and with FRESH ingredients for less.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJK1954 @Are you referring to ?

Fusha Foods 6 Count Heat & Eat Italian Chicken Meals

Trusted Contributor

How about 3 -12oz, trays of seasoned french fries for $30.00?  Ludicrous!!!

Honored Contributor

It's still processed food. I stay away from it as much as possible.

It's much better for you if you make it yourself. Look at the ingredients???

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz .  I agree.  Just the salt content alone keeps me from buying from QVC and any prepared foods in the freezer or take out.  Unfortunately I have to cook.  I keep it simple most times.

Honored Contributor

Saying not healthy has nothing to do with the price but when I tried to eat healthy, it meal was as much if not more!