Esteemed Contributor

Re: Qvc ,thank you for the boards...

I don't think I get "comfort" from these boards, but it's the only social media I do.  

I no longer watch QVC or any shopping channels, but do enjoy reading here.  So, yeah, a little bit of a thank you.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@Tweety68
What a lovely thread to start. Thank YOU for your grateful heart.
I learn soooo much here, not only QVC and HSN product recommendations, but also gardening ideas, home decor, great commentary on books and TV shows and fashion and beauty. I recently bought a Nikon camera from The Q based on some expert advice I got in the electronics thread.
I've "met" so many kind people who take the time to look things up, research questions and post replies and photos. How amazing is that in this busy world??
This is a GREAT community of truly smart, funny, multi-talented people.
I agree with you...Thank you QVC! Thank you moderators!
(The Q recently sent me an unexpected and unsolicited gift of David Venable's cookbook, so even more gratitude for that lovely surprise.)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tweety68 

Sounds like I'm in the "alone" group as well --- and this site has helped me out several times. I'm on here daily reading about what's going on, learning about so many things, cheering people on who are going thru rough times, and feeling comforted. So many smart, wise and kind people on here!!! Thank You QVC!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I've learned about a lot of good products and many household hints on these boards. Used to find a lot of recipes, but that isn't as common anymore.

Honored Contributor

Yes, thank you QVC. I’m no longer on FB & never joined the other social media sites (except for LinkedIn, but I keep that for my professional/ business interaction). This is all I need with regard to socially interacting with others online. I also appreciate that the moderators jump in when necessary to shut down troublemaking threads/posts. Aloha to all!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.