Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc is pricing themselves out of buisness

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

So the Q sells stuff that was made in China.

So does Amazon, yet I don't hear anyone belly-aching about that.

No, it's only the "big bad evil" QVC who's doing it.

As for their prices, are people also just as upset that Mercedes isn't selling for cheaper?

@Anonymous032819 Exactly!  People say they are shopping at Macy's, Amazon and other places and they all made in China too,  Nobody says anything about that.  

The difference is that Macy's has real sales (meaning 30-40-50 percent off), plus coupons; and you can always shop around on Amazon to find a good price.  QVC doesn't have the same definition of sale that a lot of other retailers do.  Plus the free shipping thing too, I rarely pay shipping with other retailers; I rarely DON'T pay shipping with QVC.  But they all have a place in my shopping habits.

All we can do is continue to write to Mike George and lay out the case for better pricing and Q card discounts. I find it appaling that the Q Card holder does not get a 15-30 percent discount like almost every other merchant. I know my niece calls me a busy body for devoting so much time to the Q between making calls and writing letters but for many of us QVC has become an instititution and we care.

@Reever 

You are right....There are people that complain about all the negative feedback and comments about QVC on this Forum (the "change the channelers" I call them) Yes, we could just walk away and go elsewhere, but there are some vendors and things we DO like about QVC and would like them to remain as one of our viable shopping options...and thats the reason why we give comments and feedback.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

elated:  I also buy almost all my clothing from Macy's too.  Many iterms (when on sale) are under $20. and a lot of nice tees under $10.  Plus I always get free shipping. I know how the different brands fit me so almost never have to return anything.  QVC's clothing has become too pricey for me and returns are too costly.  Years ago probably 85% of my clothing was from QVC.  Also, a lot of the QVC styles are not for me at this  time in my life.

@Daysdee 

I shop online from Macy's too.....And I also shop Dillards, I know Dillards has their pricey design lines, but they also have lower priced clothes that are good quality....I can find tops and t-shirts for $24-$34 regular price ....and their sales are FABULOUS!!!--Like $20 to half off!!!  And like you said the fit is CONSISTENT I've never had to return anything!!!  And there is always a deal going on or a coupon code for free or reduced shipping...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

While I'd agree their prices tend to be high and their 'sale' prices are rarely bargains along the same line of sales that most retailers offer and while I'd also indicate their shipping charges are often a deterrent to buying, the fact that a good part of their merchandise might be imported is a separate issue. I guess I don't get the attempt to piggy back nor do I anticipate one would find a very different mix of 'country of origin' among most of today's retailers. One might hope to see this change, but it will not be a quick, easy or inexpensive 'fix'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

They sell junky D&Co and charge way too much for hideous and cheap, unstylish clothing. Seriously, I would bet that these items cost $2 to mass-produce. Then you have Susan Graver where every item is about the same price (right around $57) and, overpriced for clothing which is produced by the thousands w/ cheap fabric. And,come on, this AnyBody line... CHEAP, CHEAP...

SOOO tired of LOGO. Everything pills. I haven't purchased this line in years. Who layers like this? It just looks ridiculous. The Clarks show is awful- They only sell old lady looking shoes. I shop at Clark's in the mall and there is NO comparison. 

QVC has become boring- The best line of clothing (highest ranking****) is Linea. Isaac has some cute tings but, nothing has been exciting of late. 

They really need to revamp/restructure. Years ago (maybe 25?), they used to have fashion runway show on a separate channel. That was fun and the clothing had limited quantities. They should hire the winner of Project Runway to design a line. 

Not sure who their target customer is??

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkerbell3. Having a bad day? Lol.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

While I'd agree their prices tend to be high and their 'sale' prices are rarely bargains along the same line of sales that most retailers offer and while I'd also indicate their shipping charges are often a deterrent to buying, the fact that a good part of their merchandise might be imported is a separate issue. I guess I don't get the attempt to piggy back nor do I anticipate one would find a very different mix of 'country of origin' among most of today's retailers. One might hope to see this change, but it will not be a quick, easy or inexpensive 'fix'.

@stevieb 

I agree, country of origin is a separate issue altogether  since ALL retailers have this in common and even use the same factories....I used to kinda notice with QVC clothing awhile back that those that were made in Vietnam were better quality, better fabric than those made in China....  It will take a Herculian effort to bring manufacturing back to the U.S. and I doubt for most products that this will be done....(except for pharmacueticals and other ESSENTIALS).....look at the electronics and vehicles made in South Korea....

Apparel-Imports-to-the-United-States-Feb-2014_chartbuilder (1)

Respected Contributor

The Q's clothing is a lot better now than in the past IMO. I remember years and years ago when first watching Q I'd never buy--mainly stuff like those hideous muumuus & other shapeless house dresses were sold. At least now the clothes are more stylish.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

The Q's clothing is a lot better now than in the past IMO. I remember years and years ago when first watching Q I'd never buy--mainly stuff like those hideous muumuus & other shapeless house dresses were sold. At least now the clothes are more stylish.

@KKJ 

But the quality is inconsistent even within the same clothing line despite the price being their usual regular price of $36-$49....  There were several tops that got bad reviews in the D&C line where even Walmart's clothing had better quality

Respected Contributor

These shopping channels will always have a customer base that is convinced they are getting a value on items they can't get elsewhere.  A lot of shoppers know better and have moved on.  With this virus mess, a lot of retailers are exiting so who knows the status of QVC's future.  I'm not hung up on any one retailer, and just hope there continues to be enough competition in the market to not drive prices up.  Especially since we've figured out maybe it wasn't such a good idea to depend so much on China. 

Occasional Contributor

Don't shop then.