Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc is pricing themselves out of buisness

@Pearlee wrote:
@Desertdi. The V in QVC is supposed to stand for Value so in a way it is advertising itself as having good prices.

@Pearlee  I take "value" to mean that you get what you pay for, but not necessarily a "bargain"..........  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack  ITA, even though they are owned by the same parent company, HSN has handled things much better all around, even with this virus.  I have been ordering more from that channel than QVC for quite awhile now.    

Esteemed Contributor

QVC's marketing strategy in terms of clothing is compare itself to high end stores and promote the clothing as designer clothing to justify pricing.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

So the Q sells stuff that was made in China.

So does Amazon, yet I don't hear anyone belly-aching about that.

No, it's only the "big bad evil" QVC who's doing it.

As for their prices, are people also just as upset that Mercedes isn't selling for cheaper?

@Anonymous032819 Exactly!  People say they are shopping at Macy's, Amazon and other places and they all made in China too,  Nobody says anything about that.  

Trusted Contributor

Q's clothing prices have climbed - especially "house" brands D&C and Susan Graver.  

Many of their clothing $$$ is comparable to stores like J.Jill, Chico's, etc.  The only difference is that J.Jill has 30%, 40% sales at least once a month.  More so these past 3 months.  And they mark down their clothing pretty quickly.  

I've been following a pair of Ripka earrings that must be about 3 years old.  One review in all this time.  And the earrings have increased in price.  If you are still have that many pieces after 3 years, come on, mark those items down.  

At one time Q was IT because stores were mostly B&M.  But everyone has caught up with online shopping and a many have surpassed.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam No, they're not. 

Respected Contributor

@Blackeyedsusan wrote:

Who can afford to spend that on a pair of jeans. Especially in today's environment. Not me!

I'll admit I am a frugal girl who doesn't have to be. A lot of the Q's product lines are just too pricey. Susan Graver I won't even watch because you can't buy anything for less then $70 after shipping. That's the issue after they charge $40 or more you end paying at least $50 with shipping. And shipping right now is taking forever. 

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Blackeyedsusan wrote:

Who can afford to spend that on a pair of jeans. Especially in today's environment. Not me!

I'll admit I am a frugal girl who doesn't have to be. A lot of the Q's product lines are just too pricey. Susan Graver I won't even watch because you can't buy anything for less then $70 after shipping. That's the issue after they charge $40 or more you end paying at least $50 with shipping. And shipping right now is taking forever. 

I feel that way about LOGO,  so expensive!

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Blackeyedsusan wrote:

I feel that way about LOGO,  so expensive!

Don't get me started 🤐

Respected Contributor

If they are, they'll find out soon enough and either change their pricing or fold.  If the latter happens, someone else will fill the void.  Not to worry.