Esteemed Contributor

Re: Qvc is pricing themselves out of buisness

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd say they're doing just fine.  Just sold out of a new $122., jean jacket.

Yes, they're just like Walmart, Neiman Marcus, Macy's and Nordstrom with their Chinese-made goods.  FYI many of those "imported" items are from other Southeast Asia and Central American countries, as well as Mexico.

They still have all sizes left in the nude choice in PLW jacket. So, the statement was not factual.  This is not a new item. It has been presented before.

I do agree their prices have sky rocketed and the average person is not looking to pay more for a piece of clothing.  I don't watch because they don't offer styles that interest me. I buy all my clothing from Macy's.

Honored Contributor

Q  doesn't advertise itself as a "budget" company

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I shop sales here at the Q - Lunchtime Specials, Primetime Specials, Clearance, etc.  I've gotten good deals by shopping the sales.

Honored Contributor

I always price shop.  90% of what Q sells can be found elsewhere for less.  I also can't remember the last time I paid for shipping from another retailer.  

Esteemed Contributor

So the Q sells stuff that was made in China.

So does Amazon, yet I don't hear anyone belly-aching about that.

No, it's only the "big bad evil" QVC who's doing it.

As for their prices, are people also just as upset that Mercedes isn't selling for cheaper?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam  That's it?  🤷‍♀️

Exactly what item(s) are you complaining about, as your post doesn't include Anything.

How can you make a blanket statement like that  - about QVC pricing - without providing information to substantiate your complaint?

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

yes they are.   (imo)  i used to purchase a lot of D & C, but i rarely do these days, because of the price (and then add s & h to that).   every once in a while, i find something on a lunchtime special or a clearance that i am willing to purchase, but for the most part, my buying days are becoming few and far between. 

Respected Contributor

I purchase from QVC as I feel they continue to offer many quality products and clothing lines. In the case of D&C, I think Gary Goben has tried to maintain D&C’s vision as a bargain price casual clothing option and expand the line by introducing new categories, which are at a higher price point than usual for this line. Their idea of a budget-friendly price and mine are now at times out of sync.

I don’t think they are pricing themselves out of business, but QVC doesn’t always have great prices either. Comparison shopping is easy and I do it regularly.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi. The V in QVC is supposed to stand for Value so in a way it is advertising itself as having good prices.
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Their prices are 10-20 percent higher than what you can find elsewhere.  I know theres a premium for convenience but many feel "priced out".  Amazon and Kohls offer better value.

@Reever   To me, shopping at QVC is no more convenient than shopping anywhere else.  You can shop just about anywhere online.  I wouldn't order from QVC after reading how long it takes to get your items and refunds credited.  I mostly order from Amazon.

I ordered a handbag from HSN the other day and received it in three days.  It didn't work for me, so I returned it with their label.  They actually received it the next day, and I received a notice that they had credited my account the following day.  I was very impressed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau