Super Contributor

Re: Qvc is pricing themselves out of buisness

i'm a loyal customer of the Q. been here since the beginning. i shop here whenever possible. i like Diamonique, Bob Mackie, Linea By Louis Dell'Olio and Attitudes by Renee.  but you're right, the prices are getting expensive at the Q, at a time when we are all looking for a bargain, cause our paychecks are being stretched or are non existant. my birthday is coming up in about a week and i wanted some new tops. i plugged those last two designer names into eBay and found 6 brand new in the original packaging, never opened,  tops for about $100 total. happy birthday for sure. my easy-pay payments from the Q would total that for a month only. then i'd have 4 or 5 more months to pay. i felt like i was cheating on QVC by shopping elsewhere. but i just couldn't afford  not too. 

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Q  doesn't advertise itself as a "budget" company

Thats not a true statement, the hosts always claim you can't get such and such this low, anywhere. The hosts always say, "put a 1 in front of that figure, we can afford to sell this so low, because we cut out the middle man." So in reality they do claim to be a budget company.

Honored Contributor

'What's nice' is often times the availability of many, many colors per each item.

Something that I usually cannot find when browsing in brick and mortar stores.  

I've not looked into EBay or Amazon for clothing choices, so my perspective is rather limited, so far.

Also, I like the way hosts describe each item's colors and design.  Cannot really view that on other sites.  

And Q's videos are very handy.

Same with HSN, although sometimes the camera doesn't Zoom in onto fashions while being presented on TV.  

All in all, it seems as though fashions have been selling quite well in the past couple of months.  

Wishing all well, no matter what.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

Especially with s&H.

Valued Contributor

I stopped watching since my husband was furloughed/layoff (who knows now days).  We are cutting back.

Respected Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

I stopped watching since my husband was furloughed/layoff (who knows now days).  We are cutting back.

How can you stop ? Have you gone "cold turkey"?   Many of us are addicted to home shopping channels and have them on over 12 hours a day on average ! I dont think I could just STOP !

Super Contributor

I agree with everything you just said!
Susan Graver is outrageous...s&h is ridiculous...delivery is a nightmare.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@QVCPhobe wrote:

How can you stop ? Have you gone "cold turkey"?   Many of us are addicted to home shopping channels and have them on over 12 hours a day on average ! I dont think I could just STOP !

I haven't watched more than five minutes of QVC in months, and haven't made a purchase in about a year.

I don't feel the need to have them on.

There are plenty of other things to watch.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

I hope your husband gets his job back. I don't watch QVC except for 5 minutes a day to see the TSV. I have better things to do with my life. Wishing you and your husband the best.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@QVCPhobe wrote:

Ummm, no, we're not.

But since you keep using this "many of us" line, where are you getting your info? Research? Stats? How is it verified? Please show us your data. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~