Highlighted
Contributor
I just called Qvc again to see if the issue was resolved. Well it's not! I got the same bull****** answer that it takes 5 days for their financial department to take look at the problem. It's been over 5 business days. I also called cash star, and could not get through. I left a message with a callback number last week. Haven't heard a thing. My husband is so mad he is calling his credit card company and canceling the transaction. No more qvc gift cards. My shopping at the q has already tapered way off. I still like a few brands here, and may still buy a few items but not like I used to. Oh and all of the customer service representatives have been terrible! It's like oh well your having problems using your gift, not my problem!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MuddyBlues 

There are lots of us in the same situation😡😡😡

What I really can't figure out all the years I've shopped QVC this is the first time my children decided they get me QVC gift cards (normally give me VISA or Southwest gc).  What were they thinking...not ungrateful just surprised. 

There is nothing I want on QVC as the s/h fees & return (if doesn't meet my standards) will cost me $10+ -- so in reality I'm not getting the full amount of the gift card after I deduct the charges☹️

There are so many other retailers I can find or similar things -- free s/h, free returns & if go to store ....zero!

I am so annoyed with this gc mess that I have instructed my kids to contact their Credit card company and file disputes if this isn't straightened out ...try calling Cashstar they are dumber and ruder than the QVC rep who just "shakes their head &tells you to call Cashstar"🤔

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Reading this is awful news. Many years ago my family tried the e-card gift certificates from Q and it was a mess then and seems from these comments still is. We concluded something we would never do again.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Thanks to these posters for the warning against purchasing Q Gift Cards!! I would not even consider it now! So sorry that you folks are having this terrible problem! I hope you all get this resolved quickly. It must be beyond frustrating and also it's sad that you can't even enjoy your Christmas present(gift cards). Boo to Q!!!!
Highlighted
Contributor
So QVC we know you monitor these forums, so what EXACTLY is being done to help all these other folks who used their hard earned money to purchase your gift cards?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MuddyBlues 

I am just sharing this - I called my son.  He was sent "confirmation and purchase is in his name".  He does not shop QVC, therefore, when I tried to use it (my name, info) it wouldn't work!  

He purchased thru QVC link for gift cards.  Not sure how yours was purchased email or at store.  Once I got the codes I think I'll be able to have CS apply as "credit" on my account.

Much to much work and time to waste -- next time told him to stick to VISA.  CS Mod Beth has been very helpful trying to resolve the issue!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

got my mom 2 cards for 100.00 each!!! im going to call her to tell her to make sure they work.. i save my email when i ordered them that is defenetely proof............... 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Went into CVS yesterday and the entire display of different gift cards (the clerk said over 500) had a banner that said ¨Please do not sell¨ I asked why and she said people have been complaining that they do not work.

They don´t know if all of them have that problem but they were told not to sell them.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
@Sage04, wow, that is strange!! Must be some kind of major glitch going on!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i received a physical $100 gift card in a qvc special card......my brother purchased it. i have not tried to use it yet, but i probably should to make sure it works. i have other physical gift cards that i have not had problems with.

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell