Respected Contributor

I did a lot buying last year.  I have cut way down but still see things I like.  My gift giving list is not long.  I have cut way back on stuff.  

We purchased a lot of food items  last year and I think I have enough comfy and cozy to last me a life time.

I enjoyed it all but this year I can watch and say I have that.  I am going out and shopping but not even all that much.  I have been picking up gifts when I see them.  

Funny what a difference a year or two has had on my husband and I when it comes to our shopping habits.  

I still buy from the Q but being very careful too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal I have to say I agree with everything you stated.  My husband and I have also changed our spending habits in general!  Funny how we have changed personally.  We loved to dine out but really have been cooking more and more at home and enjoying it!  

I no longer go to the salon to have my nails done, I've learned to do my own.  Just so many little things we have changed, seems like it just happened without planning.  Of course we were not planning on what occurred in the past year and a half but I truly feel it was a wake up call in some ways.  The thing I do miss the most and hope to do again soon is travel, that's one habit I cannot break Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I agree. My buying has decreased. And when I go to stores, other than grocery stores, it's not with any purchases in mind. It's to walk around, have a change of scenery, see if anything pops out at me. 

Same thing here. Don't really need anything sold by QVC, but if I see something cute or interesting I'll consider it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I know that I have wayyyyy... too many clothes....

I have things in my closet that I forgot I had....

Not buying any more especially since the prices have gone up and quality isn't there...

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Roscoe the Rascal I have to say I agree with everything you stated.  My husband and I have also changed our spending habits in general!  Funny how we have changed personally.  We loved to dine out but really have been cooking more and more at home and enjoying it!  

I no longer go to the salon to have my nails done, I've learned to do my own.  Just so many little things we have changed, seems like it just happened without planning.  Of course we were not planning on what occurred in the past year and a half but I truly feel it was a wake up call in some ways.  The thing I do miss the most and hope to do again soon is travel, that's one habit I cannot break Smiley Happy

Funny  how some good comes from bad times.

Respected Contributor

Wise man said: I have everything I need and most of what I want.

Honored Contributor

I've stopped buying altogether--got tired of waiting forever, then the hassle of sending it back, the  crazy prices and the lack of quality, IMO. I decided to buy locally and support my towns vendors----my circumstances and lifestyle has changed dramatically too-- 

Super Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  Just like you, way too many clothes and the prices have gone up and the article of clothing is so thin. It's more for summer then wintet. I love in New York.  Cold in the wintet.  Also can't take the bags and boxes at my door anymore. Not to mention hassle of having to return and lose s&h $. I need one more thing for winter and that is a new coat. Going to Kohls, JCPenny for it at the end of the month.

Frequent Contributor

I absolutely agree that I now think more about my purchases then I did before.

It's for the better.  The todays special cute shoes I really liked but decided I

really did not need them.  The $59.95 price as advertised after shipping and tax 

for me would have been over $70.00.  That's a little much for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm buying like a crazy woman. I don't know why or what is causing this. Hopefully I'll come down before I go bankrupt. Smiley Happy