Frequent Contributor

Re: Qurate's 1st Q financials

Put me in the category of shoppers who don't/rarely watch.  I try to catch Leah on Saturday mornings because I really love her.  Also enjoy the cooking shows with David but rarely catch them on Sunday.  The other hosts I either don't know or just can't stomach the hype.  I can't watch Jane Treacy for more than a hot minute but I used to love her silver shows back in the day.  I do shop the website and buy most of my clothing from here.  Shipping delays have become an aggravation and have caused me to shop elsewhere for things I wanted quickly.  But no doubt, QVC will figure it out.  I've been a loyal customer for almost 30 years and I'm not giving up yet. 

Respected Contributor

Just saw the stock was down 22% today--Wow

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As queendiva goes, so goes the world. This report is another example

It is rare that I buy an item featured on air or a TSV. Most of the hosts are unwatchable and the sell is either too hard- yelling, giving insufficient info- or there is no sell: hosts just talking random nonsense. Total overkill on TSVs, and neither the price nor the shipping time is acceptable.

I do have favorite brands, including Linea. Other than that I shop my brands on LTS.

Just about the only brand I buy on HSN is Marla Wynne, but I also buy that brand when marked down.

I have also found trusted resellers on the bay who offer Q & HSN fashions. Worth the wait for significant discounts.

QxH no longer cares about my demographic, even though we are the ones who continue to buy. I don't get it.

The outrageously slow shipping and return processing times have really killed the shopping experience for me.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@TY  Thank you for sharing the article.  I am so confused by Qurate's new strategy.  I get that companies need to change to stay relevant in this crazy retail market, but eroding your current customer base  doesn't seem to make sense to me.  Qurate will never be able to compete with the Big A (huge on-line retailer) given Big A's dominance.  Why not just focus on being the best QVC and HSN they can be?  

Respected Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Im not surprised. Value is down for many reasons.   Quality is down and shipping is ridiculous.  Convenience, no more.  When you cant rely on delivery being timely its not worth the aggravation .  Also, sizing is way off on alot of clothing.  There is no standard sizing anymore, I cant afford to send things back at $6.95 a clip.  If i buy 3 items, thats over $20.00.  If sizing is off, is that my fault??  Im a large, some fit, some too small and some very very big.  I cant be bothered anymore, and I cant afford it either.  For instance, I need a 3 tier utility shelf for the garage.  I purchased it yesterday on A.  Its being delivered today by UPS.  Had I ordered it from the Q, it would be in processing for 5 days probably and another 3 to get to me. Big diffrence

@meem120   I think you hit it on the head for why I have curbed my spending.  Days when they have all fashion I would love to buy a few items but that shipping ticks up high and I am not willing to throw my money away with shipping when I can shop eleswhere and they reward the shopper with free shipping when they spend a certain $$ amount.  And the return of a clothing item costs $10 so who is willing to gamble with that?  I really think its the slow shipping and high cost of shipping.  They need to get that figured out.  

Valued Contributor

If QVC ever got to the point of offering free shipping for an order total over $xx amount  like many prosperous online shopping sites often do then they might turn the corner eventually.  But with their current shipping policies mixed with mediocre discount pricing their rut is just getting deeper.

Respected Contributor

Since this topic has gone a little towards problems with ordering clothing from QVC, I have a question. I literally have items in my closet from a size medium to a size 2X that I've ordered from QVC. I always click on the "specific garment measurements" button as it is tremendously helpful in getting the correct fit...without it, there's no way! My question is, are there other retailers out there who offer specific garment measurements? Most of the ones I see only offer general measurements for each size. I'm not even sure HSN offers garment measurements? 

Thanks for any help on this question.

pup     

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps offering more incentives ike free shipping amd returns like most e-commerce or at least free shipping over $50.   Their handling of returns is unconsconsionable.  Almost a month to see credits or refunds. HSB ships faster and refunds faster although I dont buy much from them or watch much except for a few vendors I like such as Giuliana and MarlaWynne

Honored Contributor

I don't order any more unless it is free shipping or something I really, really need/want and it isn't available elsewhere.   No more clothing from QVC except for Linea and I'm even cutting way back on that due to prices and not enough petites.  Don't want the added inconvenience  and cost of alterations.   I love kitchen gadgets, but if the item is $19.99 and then it's $5.50 more to ship, that is a definite "no" for me.    I'm not surprised that their financials are down.  QVC is getting hard to watch  with all the "drama", shouting, etc.  I also don't like the same items being on Q and HSN.  That doesn't make sense to me.  In the past if I wanted Perlier, I went to HSN; if I wanted Philosophy I shopped for it on QVC.  Qurate has both HSN and QVC going downhill.

Trusted Contributor

I listened to the call.  They should have never bought HSN.