Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Twas prices killed the beast.

Plus the circus came to town at the Q. Not only would they not put a stop to it, it seemed to me the out of control hosts were encouraged. 

For the most part, that was the single thing that killed it for me. 

It was such a simple thing to correct, yet TPTB continued to watch the ship lilt to the side, so maybe the conclusion is they wanted it to finally hit that iceberg. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I own a stock that was delisted about 15 years ago. They did a quick "reverse split" to bring the value back up, but then it fell again. I had originally owned 1000 shares; now it's 100. It's gone nowhere, but they're still in business somehow.

I should have sold it years ago. Now I just watch it always hoping for a miracle. 

@PickyPicky3 

I think I've faired slightly better with delisted stocks than those that did reverse splits.  Some delisted will do as you say and pull themselves up a bit but just limp along.

In my experience the reverse split usually signals a future Chapter 11.  And of those, in 9.9 out of 10 your stock then becomes completely null and void.  A tax write off, though.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette   That 10 to 1 reverse split was so DEPRESSING. Every quarter I check and see all the stock deals given to execs and board members -- nothing for investors. But the company is still there. It's a small biotech working on treatments for rare diseases. I hope that one day they can help those desperate people AND get me my investment back. 

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Twas prices killed the beast.

Along with ridiculous S&H and return charges, and constantly charging people for return labels they didn't use, knowing about that for years, and not fixing it. 

Esteemed Contributor
@Othereeeen. Thank you for the laughs. I have been sitting for hours in an airport waiting for my flight and I got a kick out of your post. Your comments were spot on and I found them amusing because they are so true, sad as it is.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
@Othereeeen. Thank you for the laughs. I have been sitting for hours in an airport waiting for my flight and I got a kick out of your post. Your comments were spot on and I found them amusing because they are so true, sad as it is.

Speaking of airports, @Othereeeen's David In The Airport post was the funniest thing I have read here, but of course it was King David, so it got poofed. 

Q, you can remove it, but you can't take the funny out of my head! Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

@jackiejenny 

Thanks....

David really came down in my eyes the other night when he was marking that chalk board with little stick figures to record the servings of glop that Steve Doss was forced to sample at each food offering....it was pathetic....

David is super corny, but I used to enjoy his show. Now it's just another insane parody of what Q used to be.

And YES I know they want to move "forward" ....but from the number of comments here and thier recent sales numbers, it's not only me that is disappointed in what it's become.

PS: I KNOW there are certain hallowed hosts we are NOT permitted to mention.

Which is silly because aren't they presumably thier best salespeople?

Respected Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

From the Qurate April 2023 shareholder proxy statement:

CEO Rawlinson Total Compensation (includes base salary, signing bonus, stock awards, stock options, other compensation  consisting of company paid retirement plan contributions, company paid life insurance premiums and company paid entertainment tickets.)

2021:  $16.225 million

2022:  $ 4.56 million

Sickening what these CEO's pay themselves while loyal employees like Carolyn and Dan were dismissed making a fraction of this mans pay.  He IS the problem.

Respected Contributor

The CEO doesn't pay himself!

His compensation is contractually set by the Board of Directors! They hire him.

As a shareholder you vote for the Board, so there's your power.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

From the Qurate April 2023 shareholder proxy statement:

CEO Rawlinson Total Compensation (includes base salary, signing bonus, stock awards, stock options, other compensation  consisting of company paid retirement plan contributions, company paid life insurance premiums and company paid entertainment tickets.)

2021:  $16.225 million

2022:  $ 4.56 million

Sickening what these CEO's pay themselves while loyal employees like Carolyn and Dan were dismissed making a fraction of this mans pay.  He IS the problem.

@Reever   The CEO doesn't decide what his salary is.  The Board of Directors sets his salary.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau