Esteemed Contributor

Re: Qurate Results 4th Quarter/Full Year

Decline 11% in all categories for the fourth quarter and for the entire. This CEO should be replaced immediately. I've seen no improvements anywhere since his entrance. He's had enough time and has dragged the sinking ship further down.

Were it my stock, I would be one very very unhappy person. I would suffer the big loss and get out. I see no reason to hang on hoping it will go back up.

Valued Contributor

Having shopped at QVC for I guess 30+ years totally agree with everything you said,  CalminHeart, and would like to add:

More variety in the TSV's.  Why do same companies get multiple tsv's each each, when some brands/companies only get Big Deals?  Used to have much more variety in tsv's but sadly not any more.  Same tsv's being shown all year long!  Not buying!!

And as for competitive prices, used to be a big draw to QVC, but not any longer.  Guess they are charging more to make up for the decline in volume sold.

And biggest fault I take with QVC right now versus through the years I have enjoyed shopping with them, is as you put it the "childish on-air behavior" and shows being hosted by two hosts prancing around hilighting themselves and not even presenting the products!  A HUGE TURN OFF!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Simply put, Qurate is and has been "going in the wrong direction" for years now. It's awful to watch the decline, while the PTB seem to be blind and unable to SEE what's wrong. 

I will miss the Q completely and already have to watch it decline year by year, as they have made it almost impossible to watch. 

Why can't Qurate find someone who can SEE what's happening and right the sinking ship.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also, their prices are out of the roof. I know things have gone up lately, but have you noticed that most new clothing items are now $70+ on the Q? My goodness! 

Honored Contributor

I can't understand why they still emphasize the "entertainment" aspect of their business.  They should be concentrating on selling products.  Entertainment doesn't pay the bills.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Getting rid of Carolyn will definitely affect my viewership. I enjoyed her more than any other host. She always let vendors talk, described items accurately, and never engaged in the overdone shrieking and giggling behavior of some hosts.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I can't understand why they still emphasize the "entertainment" aspect of their business.  They should be concentrating on selling products.  Entertainment doesn't pay the bills.

Well said @geezerette . I stopped watching all QVC and solely use the website now to order. Professional presentations seem to have been forgotten.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The first paragraph if that report is one of the greatest examples of creative writing I ever read.  Talk about beating around the bush!

Of course they lost shipping revenue....they gave it away to all of those new customers.  Does Mr. CEO think we forgot about that?

What in the world does this mean "weakened consumer sentiment due to macro-economic factors"?  If it means customers are majorly POed, they're correct.

I'm sure they'll be using the fire as an excuse for poor performance for the next fifty years.  At least they didn't mention the weather this time.

I thought all of you that were 'furious' about free shipping to new customers were ' never shopping w QVC again"?? lol. And still harping on it! 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@BlueFinch hits on a point that has frustrated all customers lately--the shipping problems.

This is a huge roadblock for the company, especially given they're now trying to attract a different demographic that won't stand for shipping delays.

What new DEMO? Certainly not younger. I'm over 60 and rarely buy clothing from QVC. Most , IMO, is dowdy junk full of stretch, poly and rayon. No thanks. 

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The first paragraph if that report is one of the greatest examples of creative writing I ever read.  Talk about beating around the bush!

Of course they lost shipping revenue....they gave it away to all of those new customers.  Does Mr. CEO think we forgot about that?

What in the world does this mean "weakened consumer sentiment due to macro-economic factors"?  If it means customers are majorly POed, they're correct.

I'm sure they'll be using the fire as an excuse for poor performance for the next fifty years.  At least they didn't mention the weather this time.

I thought all of you that were 'furious' about free shipping to new customers were ' never shopping w QVC again"?? lol. And still harping on it! 

@ellaphant 

Obviously they did stop shopping. The numbers certainly show it.