Super Contributor

Re: Qurate Releases Q4 and Year-End 2019 Reports

Very interesting.  Sad that accessories and electronics showed the best performance....both kinds of shows bore me and now they will double down and run them to death.

I was not into Iman's clothing line.  Not my personal style, but she was very popular and had a huge following and I was surprised she got lopped with Joy.  I think it is a good move to bring her back.  I get that they need to appeal to a wide age range of people, but I think they take for granted the 40+ people who may be at a point in their life they have time to watch the Q or have interest in QVC products.

I was sad to see that home-related items were not listed in the many new products coming to these networks in 2020...looks like tons more beauty and accessories.

Super Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  and all---

PLEASE read Linda Mioss's HomeShoppingnista Blog.(post #26 from TY1)..the link is posted in this thread.....and what Mike George says....

Its AMAZING how the Execs interpret some of the stats (it far exceeds the interpretations of those involved even in  Fantasy Football ).....It's LAUGHABLE.....

QVC views the increase in using electronic platforms to place their orders as the younger demographic becoming interested in QVC....(Management is going as far as to even start offering baby products for the younger shopper).... But what might be happening IN REALITY is customers are tired of the STALE PROGRAMMING & PRODUCTS and annoying hosts....so they are shopping more from the QVC website and using electronic devices to place their orders...Even their slideshow presentation for their financial results show minimal new cutomers compared to their life blood, existing customers....so how do they reconcile facts from their fantasy....SMH!!! 

And then the CEO's remark about emphasizing social media platforms.......live interaction on Facebook, and on air posed questions, the host are your friends gimmick....What he thinks draws the viewers in, is a big TURN OFF to many....many of us keep asking where is the talk about the ACTUAL PRODUCT!!!  

And George has five biggies on his “To-Do” list.

• Be the destination for product discovery.
• Inspire shopping journeys spanning all media platforms customers use.
• Make digital marketing a powerhouse demand driver.
• Extend the conversation through the power of social media.
• Enhance the service experience.

Does anyone here watch QVC with a tablet on Facebook?  Anyone?  I have zero interest in that but that is something the push and push and push - having a host on air and a Facebook helper.   I don't get how this makes things better.  I don't even know of any Millenials that do this.

Respected Contributor

@Tukey wrote:

Does anyone here watch QVC with a tablet on Facebook?  Anyone?  I have zero interest in that but that is something the push and push and push - having a host on air and a Facebook helper.   I don't get how this makes things better.  I don't even know of any Millenials that do this.

I know a millennial who used to watch BeautyiQ on a tablet while applying makeup while at a mirror. The Beauty iQ live broadcasts ceased in March 2019.

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again 

I've never used facebook to livestream any shopping channel's feed including QVC. I seldom use the QVC app that I have on my ipads either and there's no way I'm going to use data to stream videos or watch live streams on my mobile phone. I have a shared data plan with my family so I have to keep that in mind if I want to use my mobile phone to watch videos or youtube on it. It's easier to watch youtube at home with wifi on my ipad or desktop computer.

Respected Contributor

Millenials ( the majority of which) do not even own a cable TV subscription.  They watch Youtube, Netflix etc and if they order goods its through Amazon with free shipping incentives.   QVC has to realize their bread and butter is the woman over the age of 50.  They need to stop the ridiculous Insta Face chats, social media etc and focus on what matters.   Very few people in their 20s and 30s even know what QVC is. My niece makes fun of me for watching it. Thats the mentality QVC is facing 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

Not surprised in the least Qurate is not doing well. When you have PTB that do not care about their customers what do you expect? Problems that go on for years with no fixing.High shipping and return costs. Unwarranted pricing. Lacking in quality goods. Lack of young buyers. Old vendors with dull and just as old looking clothing. Same old, same old. I can tell what vendors are going to be on ITKWD without looking at the programming guide. Qurate management does not care and it is showing in their sales.

Don't blame the customers or people on this forum for lackluster reports. That is just silliness. Put the blame right where it belongs, with Management, the ones that run Qurate.

@Rockycoast 

The retailers that stick around are the ones that make real changes and listen to their customers....  JCP is a prime example, they are in the trouble that they are in now started when they hired a hot shot Apple Executive who took away a lot of the things that customers liked and the retailer started a nose dive from which they have still not recovered....The new CEO tried to bring back some things that the customers liked but it might just be a little to too late as they continue to struggle, many shoppers have moved on.....And will QVC follow on a similar path due to annoying hosts and stale merchandise (great point --when you said you can predict the products they will shown on ITKWD and that applies to many shows too)  Many retailers spend LOTS on surveys and getting employee feedback, QVC has a wealth of info here and they should take the repeated feedback and suggestions to heart! 

@Spurt  so true. Unfortunately QVC/Quarate does not go the extra mile and read the complaints or listen to its customers.  If that were so things would not be as bad as they are now. It seems QVC is getting worse not better.  HSN which imo was better at doing everything compared to QVC is now being downgraded to QVC level. Once they were purchased by Qurate their fate was sealed.   I also wonder as do some on this board whether QVC will be around in 5-10 years. If they keep going down the path TPTB have chosen, I think not.  Having worked for a retail company that was purchased by another and then proceeded to assimilate our higher end stock stores down to their lower end stores...it did not work.  They did not listen to the front line employees or customers.  Now that company no longer exists. It went bankrupt. Stores closed, people out of jobs.

Respected Contributor

Anyone in the know at the Q ( a moderator perhaps? ) have any idea how Valerie Par Hill's line is doing? Im concerned that the tarrifs are hurting her.  Perhaps it will be an incentive to produce more products in the USA.  Valerie used to manufacture soy candles from I believe Alabama.  In the last ten years she has almost exclusively partnered with Chinese corporations.  Valerie I love you but there are many people in America looking for worhk who are honest patriotic men and women in the rustbelt of West Virginia and eastern Kentucky looking for work to make your goods.

Respected Contributor

I am probably like most people. I do not watch QVC usually.  I look at the guide and DVR shows that I am interested Eg.  Basically I only buy Linea by Louis Dell Olio, Judith Ripka, occasionally GILI, as well as Dr. Denese.  Today for the first time in a long time I bought the Lug make up travel thing.  I need one and it looks to be quite good.  

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

Not surprised in the least Qurate is not doing well. When you have PTB that do not care about their customers what do you expect? Problems that go on for years with no fixing.High shipping and return costs. Unwarranted pricing. Lacking in quality goods. Lack of young buyers. Old vendors with dull and just as old looking clothing. Same old, same old. I can tell what vendors are going to be on ITKWD without looking at the programming guide. Qurate management does not care and it is showing in their sales.

Don't blame the customers or people on this forum for lackluster reports. That is just silliness. Put the blame right where it belongs, with Management, the ones that run Qurate.

@Rockycoast 

The retailers that stick around are the ones that make real changes and listen to their customers....  JCP is a prime example, they are in the trouble that they are in now started when they hired a hot shot Apple Executive who took away a lot of the things that customers liked and the retailer started a nose dive from which they have still not recovered....The new CEO tried to bring back some things that the customers liked but it might just be a little to too late as they continue to struggle, many shoppers have moved on.....And will QVC follow on a similar path due to annoying hosts and stale merchandise (great point --when you said you can predict the products they will shown on ITKWD and that applies to many shows too)  Many retailers spend LOTS on surveys and getting employee feedback, QVC has a wealth of info here and they should take the repeated feedback and suggestions to heart! 

@Spurt  so true. Unfortunately QVC/Quarate does not go the extra mile and read the complaints or listen to its customers.  If that were so things would not be as bad as they are now. It seems QVC is getting worse not better.  HSN which imo was better at doing everything compared to QVC is now being downgraded to QVC level. Once they were purchased by Qurate their fate was sealed.   I also wonder as do some on this board whether QVC will be around in 5-10 years. If they keep going down the path TPTB have chosen, I think not.  Having worked for a retail company that was purchased by another and then proceeded to assimilate our higher end stock stores down to their lower end stores...it did not work.  They did not listen to the front line employees or customers.  Now that company no longer exists. It went bankrupt. Stores closed, people out of jobs.

@Rockycoast 

"THIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>---They did not listen to the front line employees or customersNow that company no longer exists. It went bankrupt. Stores closed, people out of jobs."

This is what happens to retailers that are struggling and then the big announcement---THEY ARE GONE!!!...

I think QVC customers have more of an impact connecting and interacting with the QVC vendors.....And you hear this from the vendors themselves on air----customers wanted 3/4 sleeves, customers asked us to change it and we complied, we want to hear ideas from the customers, or they will ask viewers to suggest a product or idea and you will see it come to fruitation... 

But other changes so many of us have suggested have been ignored by QVC...........Now some viewers do receive Surveys from QVC regarding hosts or asking about certain product categories, but so many of us dont get the surveys....The Mods would occasionally forward a suggestion and let us know....dont know if they still are doing this...

Funny how we can see so many changes that need to be made, yet the Q Execs keep implementing these silly ideas that are so far off base and just dont work on improving revenues....Vision Boards, increasing social media presence, clever show titles and playing musical chairs with hosts and the same stale products they label as "new" just isnt doing it for them....Will they be around in 10 years or so....????Only time will tell.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”