Respected Contributor

Re: Qurate Releases Q4 and Year-End 2019 Reports

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

We want QVC to become once again the company Joseph Segel meant it to be.

Yes, Sheila, I concur, actually I agree with your whole post.

I will post the transcript from the conference call when it is released, thank you @ 

Trusted Contributor

@AngelLove2  ...... Thank you. Hope your having a good day!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I'd like to see individual results from QVC and HSN rather than combined.  I couldn't find them, so they might not be reported anymore.  

If I recall correctly, QVC was up slightly for 2018, HSN down around 6%, so if results are similar for 2019, QVC could have performed better than HSN again this year.  

I expected more than a 3% decline.  I don't think this is so bad.

@Foxxee 

I do think it interesting that all categories declined in the fourth quarter.  All but electronics for the year.  We have been experiencing a good economy.  Could that decline mean QxH's lack of competitiveness...product lines, policies, and shipping problems were the causes?

@Foxxee 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I am still shopping at QVC, but am being more selective.  I have also started shopping elsewhere.  For a long time, I only shopped at QVC because it is convenient and I could find what I wanted.  Now I am not being so lazy and finding better deals at other places.

As the years go by, I will say that there are more hosts AND vendors that I do not care for - how they act and what they say, so I turn them off.  A lot of my purchases are because I am watching.  So less TV time, less sales to me.

I hope QVC stays in business.  But it would not surprise me if they eventually close.  Young people are not going to sit and watch QVC, if they even get the channel.  More and more people are using streaming services or going with a RoKU.  So I think there will be less "flipping thru channels" like I like to do, and coming across QVC, and getting drawn in to their desperate sales pitches. 

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

The majority of us do not hate "the Q". We dislike what has happened to a company we once enjoyed shopping and watching. We want QVC to become once again the company Joseph Segel meant it to be. The QVC initials have a meaning. The company needs to do what has to be done. Restructure. The management in place now are making too many bad decisions. Get some new vendors with better quality, change the way presentations are done in a more professional manner concentrating on the item being sold, fix the IT problems, etc.

Make QVC what it used to stand for:

Quality ......... Value ......... Convenience

@Sheila P-Burg 

👍 👍 👍 Heart

Excellent post, if we "hated" QVC as some implied we would simply walk away....As you said, we make suggestions, comments and provide feedback because we want to see some changes and see QVC stick around and we want to keep it as a viable shopping option....There's been many retailers that didn't listen to their customers and are no longer around today....and those that are in serious trouble also have that SAME problem...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I will be very surprised if the Q as we know it is still operational 10 years  from now.

As someone else stated, they keep trying to target a younger market.  Younger people are not going to shop clothing that looks like it's been cut from one of 4 standard (boring) patterns, pay $60 for a knit pullover shirt (in one of the aforementioned patterns ..and a huge flowered print, to boot!)...nor are they going to pay shipping fees when most offer it free, based on the amount you are purchasing, or just always free.

I'm basing my next comments on my own children and friends/ relatives who are in their 40s.  Few people under 50 are going to wear a Bob Mackie jacket with "loud" appliqués on it, or D&C elastic waist pants.   If they want an electric toothbrush they will go to Walmart or order one from Amazon with free shipping.  If they feel like serving a cheesecake, they pick it up at the store.  They buy their makeup at Ulta, Sephora and the drug store.

i think the Q has too many people in high places who are sucking $$ for as long as they can, without making any real efforts to make changes needed to be relevant and competitive.

Valued Contributor

Interesting comment that higher ups are sucking as much as they can knowing they are on the Titanic
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A big reason for drop in sales, many, many other places to shop many, many places that offer great shipping deals. If over-night shows were bringing in COST EFFECTIVE revenue they would not be showing reruns.

Valued Contributor

Well said Sheila! ........Be more professional. Calm down. Stop yelling at us viewers. Concentrate, focus on the clothing/item presented. Stop the yadda yadda. Fix shipping delay & in process. Have free shipping. How about a return site like Amazon has with Kohls so we have quicker turn around time on returns.
There are many things they could implement if they really put their minds to it.
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

The majority of us do not hate "the Q". We dislike what has happened to a company we once enjoyed shopping and watching. We want QVC to become once again the company Joseph Segel meant it to be. The QVC initials have a meaning. The company needs to do what has to be done. Restructure. The management in place now are making too many bad decisions. Get some new vendors with better quality, change the way presentations are done in a more professional manner concentrating on the item being sold, fix the IT problems, etc.

Make QVC what it used to stand for:

Quality ......... Value ......... Convenience

@Sheila P-Burg  Exactly. This silly mantra that anyone wants to see them fail doesn't hold water. Most of us who are perceived as 'gloating' have been predicting failure for the better part of the past decade and have been stating why we saw it coming NOT because we're happy about it but because we'd like QVC to be a viable shopping resource once again. The powers that be should have listened to their customers.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...