Honored Contributor

Re: Qurate Q1 2021 Financial report

@Spurt wrote:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

@Spurt 

At the bottom of your post, under QXH and QVC International Strategic Priorities:

Offer winning products with stories that inspire and excite.

Deliver Joyful Customer Service

Deliver unique and special moments that speak joy and interest, and build trust and create lifetime loyalty. 

Forget the stories, joy, unique and special moments.

Just give us good quality, free of defects and inconsistent sizes at reasonable prices, ship orders promptly, fix all your errors, and cut out the c**p during on-air presentations.  I don't need to know what hosts' kids and grandkids are doing.

This strategic plan appears to be targeted to Millennials.  Some can be lured by warm and fuzzy experiences.  

Interesting, though, the difference between generations.  For me, it's always been, quickly get to the point or I'm leaving.  Of course, it could be where I'm from...the Northeast.  Some of us have little patience with sitting through superfluous chatter.  "Get on with it."  

Now, for customer service.....has QVC finally realized its importance for keeping customers long term or is it all talk?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

@Spurt 

At the bottom of your post, under QXH and QVC International Strategic Priorities:

Deliver unique and special moments that speak joy and interest, and build trust and create lifetime loyalty. 

Just give us good quality, free of defects and inconsistent sizes at reasonable prices, ship orders promptly, fix all your errors, and cut out the c**p during on-air presentations.  I don't need to know what hosts' kids and grandkids are doing.

This strategic plan appears to be targeted to Millennials.  Some can be lured by warm and fuzzy experiences.  

Interesting, though, the difference between generations.  For me, it's always been, quickly get to the point or I'm leaving.  Of course, it could be where I'm from...the Northeast.  Some of us have little patience with sitting through superfluous chatter.  "Get on with it."  

Now, for customer service.....has QVC finally realized its importance for keeping customers long term or is it all talk?

@Foxxee 

You said it so well FOXXEE and I totally agree!!!!  I dont quite know who their warm and fuzzy personal or family stories , or fantasies and 20 questions actually  appeal to ???----ENOUGH!!!! We seem to get more and more of that BS and less and less product info (EXCEPT for colors, they love love love to go over the colors again and again and again! Woman Frustrated )  Im with you, although I like the host to be pleasant, calm, and show personality, I appreciate the more direct approach --- lets get down to business and can we please get some important info about the product...PLEASE

]

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   lol, Love your perspective and totally agree. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Mike George may be the ultimate spin meister but the person who wrote this deserves an award for his or her imagination and verbiage.  Remember it's customer service that is the subject, not establishing world peace. 

Screenshot_20210507-111715_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  His blather is as predictable as clockwork. I cannot wait until he leaves, even though someone is undoubtedly writing this rubbish for him. While the rest of the world was in torment, QVC prospered. Good for them, but it has absolutely nothing to do with their 'leadership' or their business plan. It was in spite of both. It's called being in the right place at the right time. When profits fall, and they will, watch, it'll be blamed on bad weather or Easter falling early or late, depending, and so on. We've seen some truly lame excuses, er, explanations for years on end.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I truly hope that Leslie Ferraro inherits the uneasy crown that sits upon this king.

I can't wait to hear her excuses for poor quarterly performance. 

I think I already hear them!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

@Spurt 

@Foxxee 

You said it so well FOXXEE and I totally agree!!!!  I dont quite know who their warm and fuzzy personal or family stories or delve off into fantasies and 20 questions...who do these actually  appeal to ???----ENOUGH!!!! We seem to get more and more of that BS and less and less product info (EXCEPT for colors, they love love love to go over the colors again and again and again! Woman Frustrated )  Im with you, although I like the host to be pleasant, calm, and show personality, I appreciate the more direct approach --- lets get down to business and can we please get some important info about the product...PLEASE

@Spurt 

Yes, you hit the nail on the head. A++ for wrapping it up in this short and succinct statement. 

]

Regular Contributor

How much of this stuff going out the front door is returned through the back door, where is that breakdown?? This report does not drill down to the real bottom line: no expenses: salaries, markeiting, overhead, etc,etc,etc. Nice try Qurate. I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of their board meetings.