Valued Contributor

Re: Qurate Financial Report down 7% in Q4 2021

I believe the true Q watchers, from early on, are fading out. As we've all said before, the generations now, are way to busy, and involved with more and more out of the home activities. Not to mention, very few people want something in 10-21 or more days. It's all about instant gratification. If I need a charger, or flashlight, or cookies, new handbag, you can bet I'm not waiting 2-3 or more weeks . Q practices are simply outdated.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They should really focus on Customer Service first; getting orders out as quickly as possible, not keeping them in process for a week before they're being sent. Also, The emphasis should be on a quicker return process. Getting a refund is absolutely ridiculous. It takes way too long, and I usually have to call Customer Service so I don't end up paying for the item for two months before I get a refund. He's obviously not paying attention to what the customers want. They don't want cheap quality polyester clothes at a high price either. Just because the shopping channel is convenient, doesn't mean that you're going to get shoppers to buy low quality items at a high price. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newname0 wrote:

I listened too.  It sounded like he wanted to bring back a lot of hokum like contests, etc.  QVC tried that once and look what happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xV8LnUr8go

That's not QVC, that's a parody video. Were you kidding or did you really fall for it?

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@bigLou 

@ellaphant 

I think the audience for TV shopping is shrinking, and I'm not sure it can ever return to its "glory days."

In the past, I watched a lot more and bought a fair amount.  Now, there are so many options to purchase what I want or need, and I rarely tune in to QVC.

Nothing is going to change that for me and younger people are already accustomed to buying everything everywhere.

Completely agree! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, these two don't know what's going on at QVC at all.  Mr. Segal is way out of touch.  

I think just about everyone who has come here with complaints and suggestions knows why.

Esteemed Contributor

@bigLou wrote:

If QVC/HSN would like to listen to the opinion on this by Marvin Segal son of the founder of QVC, go to Shawn Wiesle's podcast and listen to his suggestions on improving things.  They are very interesting.  Here is the link:

Are We On The Air? | Podcasts on Audible | Audible.com

I would think any help on improving that number should be taken into consideration IMO.

THIS IS MY OPINION

1.  hosts need to get off yalking about themselves.   We as shoppers need more information then what we get.  I don't care about the dancing daughters.  I don't tune in to hear about their vacations etc.

2.  Go back to 1 host and bring the Venders back.   Teach the hosts to let the Vender talk.   

3. Prices are terrible. Get rid of two hosts each show.  More Venders so there is more variety.

4.  Get help with shipping issues.   

5.  Go back to one channel and be on 24/7 live shows.

6.  Remember people can compare prices now because of all the internet choices.  

7. READ THESE BOARDS AND THE COMPLAINTS.  YOU WILL SEE WHAT EVERYONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

I listened too.  It sounded like he wanted to bring back a lot of hokum like contests, etc.  QVC tried that once and look what happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xV8LnUr8go

@newname0 

Huh?  I don't understand the meteorite thing ....  

Esteemed Contributor

@bigLou wrote:

If QVC/HSN would like to listen to the opinion on this by Marvin Segal son of the founder of QVC, go to Shawn Wiesle's podcast and listen to his suggestions on improving things.  They are very interesting.  Here is the link:

Are We On The Air? | Podcasts on Audible | Audible.com

I would think any help on improving that number should be taken into consideration IMO.

I watched a couple of them and man they are right on point!   

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was funny that they were almost making fun of all the price points, and it is soooooo true.  The QVC price, TSV price, sale price, clearance price, clearance sale price, one time only, and others I am sure I am forgetting.  Totally ridiculous!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead