Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Qurate 4th Quarter and Year End 2020 Financial Results

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@banned again Thanks for posting. They had a good year and they obviously have a very competent management team. Congratulations, Q, on having great financial results for 2020! Whether you are a shareholder or not, we all should be pleased with their positive results. It ensures they will be around a little longer. 

@Goldengate8361 

But look at their results before the pandemic and the categories that were struggling CONTINUE to struggle now even with captive pandemic shoppers doing more TV viewing and shopping online....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

And what the folks on the Forums are saying holds true (listen to us QVC)....apparel CONTINUES to SLUMP!!!

Slumped all the way to 9% of sales October-December. Seemed like a lot more apparel hours in that period. More like 29%.

@Spurt wrote:

And they need a whole new direction for jewelry---the faux diamonds, box chains, and same ole, same ole, byzantine and circles isnt hacking it.....

Oh guess what's coming next week? Box chains, byzantine hoops, magnetic byzantine bracelet, circles, two-tone bismark bracelet, paperclip chains and some recycled designs from the 1990s disguised as DMQ X Jane Treacy. Some new Artisan Crafted.

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

And what the folks on the Forums are saying holds true (listen to us QVC)....apparel CONTINUES to SLUMP!!!

Slumped all the way to 9% of sales October-December. Seemed like a lot more apparel hours in that period. More like 29%.

@Spurt wrote:

And they need a whole new direction for jewelry---the faux diamonds, box chains, and same ole, same ole, byzantine and circles isnt hacking it.....

Oh guess what's coming next week? Box chains, byzantine hoops, magnetic byzantine bracelet, circles, two-tone bismark bracelet, paperclip chains and some recycled designs from the 1990s disguised as DMQ X Jane Treacy. Some new Artisan Crafted.

@banned again 

QVC really needs new jewelry buyers.....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

MOST e-commerce stocks performed well in the 4th quarter

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I say "good news" with reservations.  

With all that digital and TV presence already established, they were positioned well to be the beneficiaries of Covid-19 as was Walmart, Amazon, Target, and other online retailers offering products home bounders suddenly became interested in.

QVC can be enticing to new buyers who aren't used to seeing the same repetitive products.  The executive team is somewhat bragging about seeing newcomers becoming repeat buyers....but Covid-19 isn't over yet.  It's a dog eat dog retailing market out there, so QVC shouldn't brag so much, but reports like this always intentionally present companies in the best light...for the stockholders.    

The picture presented by the executive team doesn't reflect the downward buying trend I see on this forum; however, most are clothing sales that are down across all retailing, but with QVC, it appears to me or at least for me, it's more about quality and style than lack of interest in buying clothing. 

No doubt, as is shown here, 1st quarter 2020 was pretty dismal.  Let's see how QVC is positioned next year.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I say "good news" with reservations.  

With all that digital and TV presence already established, they were positioned well to be the beneficiaries of Covid-19 as was Walmart, Amazon, Target, and other online retailers offering products home bounders suddenly became interested in.

QVC can be enticing to new buyers who aren't used to seeing the same repetitive products.  The executive team is somewhat bragging about seeing newcomers becoming repeat buyers....but Covid-19 isn't over yet.  It's a dog eat dog retailing market out there, so QVC shouldn't brag so much, but reports like this always intentionally present companies in the best light...for the stockholders.    

The picture presented by the executive team doesn't reflect the downward buying trend I see on this forum; however, most are clothing sales that are down across all retailing, but with QVC, it appears to me or at least for me, it's more about quality and style than lack of interest in buying clothing. 

No doubt, as is shown here, 1st quarter 2020 was pretty dismal.  Let's see how QVC is positioned next year.  

@Foxxee 

Well said...👏

Honored Contributor

I wondered if these people expected clothing sales to be even normal.  I guess they thought we'd be thrilled to be all dressed up with no place to go.  People haven't even been going to work, let alone socializing so who needs new clothes?

I did like Mike George's  explanation for shipping delays but why didn't he give that months ago when everyone was hysterical about canceled orders and long delays?  Not a word then; I'd say he's a day late and a dollar short.  Poor communications, I'd give him a "F".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I did like Mike George's  explanation for shipping delays but why didn't he give that months ago when everyone was hysterical about canceled orders and long delays?  Not a word then; I'd say he's a day late and a dollar short.  Poor communications, I'd give him a "F".

And this isn't even for the customers, it's for the stock holders. Stock holders get their questions answered and the customers who generated $14.2 billion in 2020 get canned responses from emails.