Esteemed Contributor

Re: Qurate 2nd Qtr. 2022 Results

A lesson here:  When Kathy Levin showed up, You could see the class act.  She was professional, Gave all the details and even cracked some jokes.  She was dressed as a true professional.  She wasn't flapping 500 miles about her family, She wasn't trying to make us believe she had Ballet training.  Her focus was on the product.  HSN has much more professional Hosts then Q.  This is their fault.  They let the nonsense continue.  

Twice this week I turned Q on and who was Hosting?  You guessed it.  So my channel got turned real quick.  Thanks Q I am saving a ton of money.  My easy pays will be paid by the end of the month and I have nothing saved.  It is sad.

Valued Contributor

Spurt is correct. Their downfall has been happening for years. Anyone who watches corporate finance knows this. I do feel they will go under.

They have not kept up with fashing. Their programming is terrible. It is not the hosts fault, it is far deeper than that. I do not see anyway they can recover unless there is a takeover.

It is antiquated programming. It has not adapted or competed with other retail. Selling on TV is dead.

So many other retailers have adapted and are doing much better. So many people have been buying online because of quality and choices. Free shipping and returns.

It is sad as I have watched QVC since its inception because my mother told me about it.

Now I flip the channel and see the same things at ridiculous prices and shipping charges.

Go to the Macy's website, LLBean website, Lands End website. They are so far ahead of QVC in terms of shipping, quality and returns.

As far as Issac, he's nothing in retail anymore. Who even sees his clothes in quality shops?

Jose Marin looks like she just came from a walk down 42 Street. Who is she trying to attract? Women?

Susan Graver? Anyone see her clothes in any quality stores? I haven't, no one evern knows her name.

QVC is fading fast.

Look at their latest earnings repot.

"Totally company revenue delined 13% in constant currency in Q2. Overall, customer counts declined, reflecting macro factors, supply chain disruptions downstream impacts from the Rocky Mount fire. Although total custer count declined QxH experienced a 5% increase in average spend per customer and an 8% increase in items purchased. Accessories delined 11% in Q2 2021. The year-over-year decline was primarily due to lower demand for leather handbags, intimates and casual footwear. Home revenue declined 12% with lower demand primarily and garden fitness and wellness, kitchen electronics, electrics and floor care, which was partially offset by gains in food and cookware. Electronics revenue declined 33%. "

If you read their reporting, they are losing money hand over fist. Unless something is done quickly, they cannot stay in business.

Contributor

The HSN hosts are much more professional than most of the QVC hosts now.  Qvc used to be MUCH better in their presentations.

Regular Contributor

I feel everyone is entitled to his/her opinions on the vendors and hosts and we need to all respect that.
Regular Contributor

@manny2...I AGREE!